52 : Mina to Chaeyoung

After about fifteen minutes of Mina's never ending complaining while dragging the clingy, sluggish, and drunk Chaeyoung, the girls finally arrived in front of the council president's dorm room at the junior building.

"Wait a bit." Mina lets Chaeyoung stand on her own as she fishes out for her keys in the side of her pocket. She quickly unlocks the door and guides the soccer girl inside.

Chaeyoung immediately lay down on Mina's bed as soon as she walked into the room. "I'm sleepyyyyy."

"No, Chaeng. You're not sleeping yet." Mina carefully grabbed her by her arms to pull her up, making her sit on the bed. "Let's clean you up first. Just stay here behaved and seated while I get you a change of clothes."

"Okayyy, ma'am." Chaeyoung mumbles with both of her eyes already closed.

The council president walks to the room's closet and scans her clothes.

Just a couple of minutes after, Mina consecutively takes out a hoodie and shorts and throws it across to Chaeyoung who unbelievably still caught it despite being half asleep, talking about being a natural athlete. "Go to the bathroom, clean up yourself, and change into those."

"But, Minari—"

"Now, Chaeng. I don't want the room to pick up the smell of alcohol you're bringing in with you here."

"Okayyyy." Chaeyoung sluggishly stands up and enters the dorm's bathroom.

It took the soccer ace about twenty minutes before walking back to the room. She has now fully changed into Mina's clothes. She also now has a more decent expression, sobering up a little from the shower.

"Drink a lot of water to minimize your hangover tomorrow." Mina nonchalantly states while sitting on her bed, reading some book. She glances at the smaller girl to make eye contact, then at the glass and a small pitcher that is on top of the room's small dining table.

"Okay, ma'am." Chaeyoung slowly walked towards the water. She picks up the glass and chugs one full of it.

"One more." Mina commands without looking at the drunk cub and flips a page of the book she is holding.

The soccer ace softly nodded and just silently complied. She held the pitcher and filled the glass she used once more with water.

Mina glances at her. As soon as Chaeyoung finishes another one full glass of water, the council president closes her book and puts it on top of the bedside table. "Feeling better now?"

Chaeyoung just nods and smiles. "Though, I'm still a little dizzy." She generously yawns. "And really sleepy."

"You can't sleep in Sana's bed. She might get back before midnight. Under normal guest circumstances, I would've taken the couch and offered you my bed but since we're not yet on good terms, that's not gonna happen for you." Mina comfortably lies down on her bed. "You're sleeping on the couch—"

The council president wasn't able to finish her mini speech when a smaller body suddenly plops beside her.

"Hey— Chaeng!" Mina instantly glares at the person who is now beside her in the bed. "I was just telling you that—"

"Minari..." the soccer ace started in a sleepy voice.

"Chaeng, get up right now or—"

Chaeyoung doesn't seem to hear or mind anything because she just snuggled closer to the owner of the bed.

"Chaeng." Mina softly taps the other girl's arm. "Hey, Son Chaeyoung."

Instead of responding, Chaeyoung adorably giggles and puts her arm over the president's waist, pulling herself closer to her in the process.

Mina eyes the arm that is now trapping her on the bed. She purses her lips, then turns to stare at the smaller girl who is innocently hugging her. "You never listen to me, Chaeng, do you?"

Then, in a soft but still sleepy tone, while obviously looking half asleep and half drunk, Chaeyoung mumbles something under her breath. It was almost a whisper but due to the close proximity between her mouth and Mina's ears, it was just audible enough for the council president to hear.

"I love you."

Mina was frozen for a couple of seconds. Then, she slowly looked at the girl beside her. She wanted to say something. She opened her mouth but the words didn't come out. She just ended up letting out a sigh.

Except for the ticking of the room's wall clock, no other noise was heard within the room for a moment.

Mina was just continuing to stare at the girl lying beside her. In a confused tone, she speaks, "I'm supposed to be angry at you right now, ain't I? We're supposed to still be in an argument. You still owe me a lot of explanations."

Chaeyoung softly shifts on the bed without opening her eyes. "Minariii..." She mumbles one last time before finally settling her head on a comfortable place on the council president's side. "I love you, Minari. I love you so much."

Mina lets out another sigh, she glances at the ceiling, then to the girl now who seems to now be comfortably sleeping beside her. "You're drunk and maybe simply just talking in your sleep... But it's amazing how you're still capable of making my heart flutter."

Then, the council president scoffs as she remembers the scene from the soccer party earlier. "Tsk. I swear I could've strangled that flirt earlier if she made any further moves on you. How dare she try to take advantage of you when you are drunk like this?" She dramatically rolls her eyes. "And here I am trying my best to calm myself when I'm in front of you. How could she flirt with you like it's nothing?"

She looks at Chaeyoung like she is actually talking to her right now. "Don't ever do this again, okay? Or— or if you would... make sure that I'm around so that I can take care of you. You're putting yourself in too much danger when you— when you look absolutely adorable and vulnerable at the same time." She stifles a faint smile. "Tsk. You really looked cute earlier."

Mina suddenly pauses and rolls her eyes. "Ugh! Now, I'm also starting to sound like a brokenhearted drunk." She squints at the sleeping girl beside her. "And here I thought I made it clear when I told you to not make me fall for you anymore. The things you make me do, Son Chaeyoung!"

The council president softly shakes her head. "I think I also need some sleep now to restore my sanity." She promptly reaches to turn off the night lamp beside her bed. She smiles genuinely as she reaches to hold the arm that is embracing her body, scooting closer to snuggle to the cub who is innocently cuddling with her.

Then, one last time before closing her eyes and eventually falling asleep, Mina mumbles softly in a sincere voice. "Chaeng, what kind of spell did you cast on me, huh? I have no idea how I began to love you so much. And, I think you have no idea how much I love you too."