40 : Wins and Loses (1)

It is the awards day of the Collegiate League. The event is being held in the middle of a huge soccer field, all rounded up with bleachers that are definitely carrying a number of people more than its capacity.

"I love you, Chaeyoung!"

"Hirai Momo, I'm available for you to grab!"

Chaeyoung's team won the battle for third and hence bagged the bronze medals this season.

"Son Chaeyoung! Be mine!"

"Marry me, Son Chaeyoung!"

"What's with this crowd?" Mina mutters, pertaining to the students that are non-stop catcalling on their soccer team's ace.

Dahyun grins and nudges her teasingly. "Why, Pres? Are you jealous?"

The council president just rolls her eyes.

Except for Sana, who is equally busy at the moment due to some cheer stuff like the soccer players, all the council members are gathered at the bleachers. They are trying to locate Chaeyoung within the vast crowd bustling in the middle of the field. Everyone is busy with picture taking, some meet and greets, and casual small talks.

"Oh! There she is!" Jeongyeon points to the field where the soccer ace is. "Let's go!"

They hurriedly went down the bleachers. "Excuse us!" Jeongyeon shouts as she slices through the crowd. She is also holding up a bouquet of peonies that she offered to hold for Mina.

The council president picked up the flowers early this morning from a nearby shop outside the university. She had it even reserved a week ago.

Dahyun is dragging Mina right behind their council treasurer.

They reached the area where Chaeyoung is. About half of the original crowd left the field but there are still a lot of people surrounding her. They stopped at a significant distance since she's busy taking pictures with a lot of students one after another. A lot of flowers and other gifts are in her hands and a couple more are grouped down on the chair behind her.

"Looks like her fans might take a while," Jeongyeon states flatly.

Dahyun jokingly laughs as she comments, "Tsk, tsk, tsk. If only I knew that being a soccer player could make you this popular, I would've signed up right away!"

A couple more minutes passed and the last group of girls were about to finish taking pictures with Chaeyoung. All the while, Mina is just staring at the scene in front of her. Her arms are crossed over her chest. One of her brows is curled up. Her right foot is visibly tapping the ground.

Seeing their president's reaction, Dahyun and Jeongyeon just knowingly look at each other. Then, they widely grin as they nod. They both raised their hands in front of them as they started a countdown using their fingers.

Four...

Three...

Two...

One.

Mina roughly grabs the bouquet of peonies from Jengyeon's hand. Then, she hastily walks towards the soccer team's ace.

The other two council members followed their president from behind. They are flailing their arms, trying to get Chaeyoung's attention in advance.

The soccer team's ace is smiling from ear to ear as she bids the last batch of her fans goodbye. She first noticed the student council girls that are swinging their arms like crazy kids. She darted her gaze to where they were frantically pointing.

Chaeyoung's grin immediately dropped as soon as she saw Mina's face. She looks back to the two council members and they are now laughing as Jeongyeon imitates a knife that slits through her throat.

"Hi!" The soccer ace raises her hands to wave at the council president who's now right in front of her.

Mina looks at her without amusement. "We all chipped in from the student council and prepared a bouquet of flowers for you. Jeongyeon told me that you fancy peonies so this is what I asked the flower shop to prepare."

Chaeyoung reached for the flowers but Mina moved it away from her range. "Umm... Aren't you... giving it to me? Isn't it for me?"

"I don't think you would be needing this anymore." Mina scoffs as she eyes all the gifts beside her.

Chaeyoung awkwardly smiles at her. She looks back at the two council members with eyes asking for some kind of rescue or help. She frowns at them because instead of joining Mina and her, Jeongyeon and Dahyun are now signaling that they will be going somewhere.

Since they were still in the middle of the open field, another group of girls spotted the soccer team's ace and cheerfully walked towards her location. The girls are audibly giggling at each other.

Mina notices the group of girls nearing them. She instantly rolls her eyes and sarcastically says, "I guess you will be occupied for a while again, young lady."

The council president takes a step to make way for the incoming group of girls when Chaeyoung grabs her by the arm. The soccer ace naughtily grins at her, "Wait, Minari! I assure you, they will go away fast."

"Huh?" She tries to free her arm.

Instead of letting go, Chaeyoung gently pulls her to her side and swiftly stole the bouquet of flowers from Mina's hands

As the group of fans approach them, the soccer ace cheerfully smiles and nods at them politely.

The girls were smirking all over each other as they pushed who was going to take the picture first. "Hello Chaeyoung—"

She cuts in before one the girls could finish her greetings. "Umm... Hi, girls!" She tightens her grip on Mina's arm, then asks the group, "Is it okay if we just take one group picture? She will take the picture for us." She points to Mina.

Looking really annoyed right now, the council president quickly answers, "What—"

She wasn't able to finish her protest because Chaeyoung immediately turned back to the group of girls to continue talking to them.

Although she is not facing her, Mina still scoffed at her. She mumbles to herself, "And now I'm your personal photographer?"

"Aww. We would've wanted solo pictures." One of the girls from the group commented in a sad voice.

"It's fine!" Another girl declares. "At least, we still get to have souvenirs with her."

Chaeyoung flashes her famously heartthrob smile with her dimple at full display and apologetically says, "I'm so sorry, girls. We have to make it fast. I have to make some personal time with this pretty girl here beside me."

All of the girls, including Mina this time, were all shocked with her statement.

The group of girls looked at each other for a moment and whispered to each other.

"So she has a girlfriend?"

"Isn't she the council president of their university?"

"Last time I checked, I'm sure she's single."

"Wow. What a power couple."

"Maybe they just started dating."

Mina is just blankly staring at Chaeyoung. The soccer team's ace simply smiled at all of them, unfazed by their reactions.

After taking about three quick group pictures, the girls shyly smile and nod both to Mina and Chaeyoung as they start to stride away.

"Why did you tell that to your fans?" Mina punches the soccer ace's arm.

Chaeyoung chuckles, "I just made them... and you stop."

"Wha— What do you mean?"

"Minari, you were clearly sulking like an angry—"

"Mina!" Chaeyoung was cut off when Momo called for the council president.

Momo slowly walked towards the two girls. She glances at Chaeyoung first who is obviously glaring at her. Then, she looks at Mina and smiles shyly. "Hi, Mina."