27 : Brown Sugar (2)

Sana is in the middle of who knows where.

That diverging wrong corner that Jeongyeon was insisting was a shortcut and that Dahyun got totally angry about when they were traveling earlier going to the cabin... That road that the other council members argued and made a fuss about being wrong... Sana took it.

She just followed the road, on and on and on until she realized it had been almost half an hour already and the cabin was still nowhere in sight. She told herself that she would still take her chances on pursuing the road and promised to turn around after just fifteen more minutes of not seeing the cabin.

Sana is now sitting on the side of the rough road she took. She has been helplessly crying for a while now.

Not one house is around the area. Not even one vehicle has passed by. All that is heard is the sound of birds chirping, actively flying around the trees that are scattered all over the side of the road.

After another half hour of being by herself, Sana is no longer crying. She is now just staring at the ground, frozen on the side of the road. It looks like her mind has also started to drift in the middle of another who knows where.

Then, Sana's head pops up as she hears the engine of a car revving from afar. The person driving it definitely does not care about the car's state because it is going through so fast on that kind of rough road.

The sound went closer and closer until Sana can see the actual car nearing the part of the road she is in.

"HEY! OVER HERE! HEY!" She yells from the top of her lungs, trying to get the car's attention. She didn't try to stand up and just flailed her hands wildly from the side of the road where she was sitting.

The car abruptly stopped almost in front of Sana's location, most likely when the driver had her in line of sight. The door to the driver's seat immediately opened.

In a swift motion, heavy steps were heard towards Sana, a figure knelt in front of her, and a pair of arms embraced her.

"What were you thinking about going out alone? You never had a sense of direction!"

After that second that the door to the car was opened, revealing the driver, Sana instantly fell in a daze.

The person broke the hug, revealing a Chou Tzuyu with tearful eyes and anxious expression. "Are you okay? Why are you sitting here? How long have you been here?"

Sana is not responding and remains frozen. She is just staring at the person in front of her, not seeming to hear anything and forgetting the predicament she is currently in.

"Sana? Hey." Tzuyu waves her hand in front of the other cheer captain. "Answer me, Sana." She softly squeezes Sana's arms. "Say something, please. You're making me worried."

"Chou Tzuyu."

"Yes, I am. Now, answer me. Are you okay? Why are you just sitting here? Don't tell me you got into an accident?"

Sana mumbles something under her breath, "I already knew you're beautiful but... how could you be this attractive when up close."

"Huh? What did you say?"

"You even smell so good."

"What are you mumbling about?" Tzuyu is now starting to panic. "Should I call an ambulance? Can an ambulance go here?"

The younger cheer captain then quickly fishes out her phone from the side pocket of her jacket. "The roads might delay the medical—"

That is when Sana finally moved to reach and block the screen of Tzuyu's phone. She smiles at the panicking girl, "There's no need for an ambulance. I'm fine."