37 : Progress

Jihyo exits the elevator of their university's dorm building. She consecutively walks towards the lobby. There are some students entering and exiting the building. It is relatively time for dinner.

"Tzuyu?" The council president notices the cheer captain while she walks towards the glass doors.

"Oh! Jihyo!" Tzuyu exclaims while pulling an umbrella plastic bag.

Their school provides an umbrella plastic dispenser during rainy days so that the facilities will not be drenched with dripping umbrellas carried by students around.

Compared to Nayeon's school, Tzuyu's university is not just prestige for its level of academic teachings but also for its luxury facilities that only the richest in the country can afford. Its dorms didn't have to be separated per year because the dedicated sixteen-story building with an elevator and a lobby manned by a day-shift concierge can accommodate all the student tenants.

Jihyo walks towards the cheer captain. "You went outside?"

"Yeah. Just— Just visited someone."

"And..." the council president smirks, "that someone goes by the name Minatozaki Sana?"

Tzuyu playfully rolls her eyes while smiling.

"I'm right? OH MY— What's the score between you two?"

The cheer captain softly shakes her head. "We're friends. I mean— we just met last month so..."

Jihyo squints at her. "You mean you only met each other AGAIN last month."

"Ugh. Of course, you know the story."

"So, how's it going?"

"Umm... Good?"

Tzuyu has now tucked her umbrella neatly on the plastic bag she got. Both of the girls are now just chatting in front of their dorm's building.

Jihyo rolls her eyes. "What do you mean good? There should be better descriptions than that, right?"

"Good! Like— good good."

"Ugh! Seriously, Chou Tzuyu!" Jihyo yells in an annoyed tone to which the cheer captain laughs.

"Hi, Tzuyu!"

"Tzuyu, hello!"

A group of students calls out to the young cheer captain as they pass by the two girls. Tzuyu politely waved at them and nodded. The students energetically giggled after.

"Hey, Tzuyu." Jihyo continued when the other students left. "Come on, spill it out! You know that all of us have been eagerly waiting for your love life since forever."

"Umm... I think... I think Sana... She— she remembers me."

"REALLY? As the Tzu from her past?"

Tzuyu softly nods.

"Why? How? I mean—" Jihyo pauses to compose herself from what she is hearing. "Why are you saying this now? All this time you have been complaining about your worries on how she doesn't remember or recognize you from when you were kids."

"Lately... in our messages, she has been calling me a lot as Tzu."

Jihyo looks at her unamused. "Tzuyu, that's still your nickname to this day. Nayeon always calls you that. Jeongyeon sometimes also calls you Tzu, right?"

Tzuyu simply nods.

"What if she just picked it up from—"

"Also! She— she acted really weird earlier!" the cheer captain cuts in.