49 : Trying Times

It is now just a week before Valentine's. There are already some cut out heart papers plastered on the main building's lobby. Love songs can be heard playing nonstop on the university's radio station.

Since heart's day is getting nearer and nearer, there are some romantic scenes now from the students of the university that can be witnessed around the school grounds from time to time.

—— Wednesday Afternoon ——

For those who are a bit shy to show their expression of love in public, but are still wanting to show their romantic side, some are making love letters inserted on dorm room's doors, tucked in club lockers, or even delivered by another student acting as a messenger.

"JEONG." Mina promptly mutters after opening her council locker. She is now staring unamused at the inside of it.

The treasurer flinches at the obviously annoyed tone from the call out of their council president. "Ye— Yes, Pres?"

"Don't play dumb with me. You know why."

"Pres—" Jeongyeon quickly tries to explain. "Chaeyoung was literally pleading with me to send it to you. I didn't have a choice! I was so torn between—"

"If I see another one of these tomorrow, I'm not talking to you for the rest of the term."

"Pres.... don't be like that. Please—"

"I'm serious. You know what I'm capable of when I'm serious, Yoo Jeongyeon." Mina roughly takes out a pink envelope from her locker. She didn't even bother reading the contents or even check who it came from.

For the third time in the week, Mina shoved a letter from Chaeyoung right into the council room's trash can.

—— Thursday Afternoon ——

For those who found the right amount of courage and are not afraid to show their expression of love in public, some of the students are even making banners to ask their crushes or loved ones to go out with them on a date on Valentine's day.

"HEY, MINA!" Sana yells from the window of their dorm room.

"What is it, Sana?"

"HURRY!" The cheer captain energetically signals her to come to her side. "YOU HAVE TO SEE THIS!"

"Ugh." Mina rolls her eyes as she sluggishly stands up from their dorm's study table. "What is it this time?"

"QUICKLY!"

"Why are you yelling so much, it's not like—"

Mina lost whatever statement she was about to say. Her eyes are slightly widened by the sight she is witnessing from their dorm window.

The council girls' room is located on the third floor of the Junior Dormitories. From the view of their window that is facing the open field, there is a small crowd of students that are gathered on the nearest benches. The other people passing around the area are visibly mumbling to each other with the majority stopping for a second or two to look at what the mini commotion is all about.

Then, not too far from the group of the said bystanders, on the open spot almost right below the council girls' dorm room, there is the soccer team's ace player, holding a banner. She is looking up at the window where Mina and Sana are standing beside right now.

The cheer captain smiles with concern. "What will you do now, Myoi Mina?"

Mina lets out a sigh and massages her temples.

"Still not up for it?"

"I don't know, Sana. I honestly don't know."

"Mina... It's almost a month now. I know Chaeyoung was wrong... and hey, you fully know that I am on your side!" The cheer captain softly squeezes her best friend's arm. "But I also hate seeing you dragging this situation in pain. I know I'm just stating the obvious but... you know you can't avoid Chaeyoung forever."