31 : Sleeping Habits

Mina shifts again to her other side and repositions herself at the bed. It is now past four in the morning.

All of the girls are now lying on the cabin's beds.

After sobering up a little from the noodles that Jeongyeon cooked for everyone, the council treasurer carried the already half asleep Nayeon to their room.

Shortly after, Dahyun was the one who begged to go upstairs and get some shuteye since she will be the one driving them back to the university.

The largest room's beds are two singles and one king sized. They weren't able to discuss who is sleeping in which bed so the council secretary took the easiest choice of lying in one of the single beds.

For about another hour, when Sana had her energy finally depleted. That is when all the other girls decided to sleep. Chaeyoung took the other single bed while the three remaining girls took the unoccupied king sized bed. They agreed that Sana would be sleeping in the middle of Mina and Tzuyu.

"Can't sleep?" Mina hears a faint voice. She doesn't have to look around to see who is still awake, she instantly smiles at it knowing exactly who the owner is.

"Why are you still awake, Chaeng?"

"I'm actually not someone who falls asleep that fast."

"Me, too."

"I can tell." Chaeyoung smirks, "I can hear you shifting positions for minutes now."

Mina rolls her eyes. "What time do you usually sleep on normal days?"

"Hmm... I think around one in the morning?"

"Really? You sleep late like Sana. Me... during exams week or if I have a test for my morning classes, I think I'm already awake at this hour to review some lessons."

"Wow. I don't think I ever did that for that purpose." The soccer ace playfully scoffs. "Talk about straight A students."

Mina softly laughs in response.

The room fell into comfortable silence for a moment.

"Minari?"

"Hmm?"

"I thought you slept already. Good thing you're still awake." Chaeyoung gets up and sits on her bed, facing Mina's location in the room. "Hey, since we both can't sleep. Want to go downstairs instead?"

Mina smiles and carefully removes Sana's arm that is wrapped on her waist. The cheer captain hums something incomprehensible and quickly hugs her roomie's torso right back again.

Chaeyoung chuckles at the scene and carefully stands from her bed to tread to Mina's side. She then tries her luck to help remove Sana's arm from the council president. This time, Sana shifts in her position and turns to her other side, facing Tzuyu.

Mina and Chaeyoung knowingly smile at each other as they carefully step out of the room as quietly as they could.

"I think I want some coffee." The council president started as soon as she stepped on the first floor.

"Want me to make some toasts?"

"Oh, toasts sound perfect with the coffee."

"Okay."

They both walked directly to the cabin's kitchen and made their said snacks. Shortly after, they moved to the patio where they had dinner hours ago, carrying together with them the food they prepared.

"Hmm. Coffee never fails to make my day." Mina cheerfully states after taking a sip of her hot beverage.

The soccer ace chuckles, "Well, it's already morning. Minutes from now and the sun will be out and shining."