Chapter 1: Meeting With Allies

Evie Frye ~ London ~ 1868

"Did you give them the slip," Henry Green asks, turning to the twins as he rests his hands on the counter.

Evie mentally sighs as she sees her twin brother Jacob trudge forwards triumphantly. He enjoys violence and the rough approach far too much in Evie's opinion. Even claiming that she already fancies mister Green. How?! She met him barely an hour ago. Besides, he knows better.

"We gave them more than that," Jacob says with a satisfying grin on his face.

As the twins approach the counter. It was littered with sketches of people. Pretty well made too. Mister Green is besides a bookseller and master Assassin an artist too. A man of many talents Evie thought.

"Over the years I have established many connections across the city. They can prove useful in our endeavor," Mister Green says.

Evie smiles, nodding as the cogs start to turn on how to defeat the templars. Green already said that the Templars' reach is vast and deeply rooted in the entire society of London. We need focused aid that can cripple each part of Grandmaster Starrick's Templar network.

"Splendid. We need focused aid," Evie starts to say before her twin smiles, interrupting her thoughts.

"Focussed aid? Psf! We take over the gangs, we cripple Starricks control," he counters.

Evie had enough of his boyish dreams. He is obsessed with founding his own gang and ruling the streets 'sternly, but fair' as he puts it. Right, he is more likely to wipe London from the map than save it from Templar rule. Besides, there is only so much you can achieve with a gang. They need to reach further.

"You're not aiming high enough. Starrick has control over every part of London. We need to match him," Evie tries to convince Jacob. He only smiles as he puts a hand on her shoulder a knowing look in his eyes.

"I see what you're saying, Evie. We need the Rooks!"

"You're not starting a gang called the rooks!" Evie childishly argues back. Green takes a soft breath before interrupting what could possibly become a heated argument between the twins.

"I may have an idea of my own," Henry says to the Frye twins. He takes a few steps towards a specific sketch of a man. He flips the picture around and towards the twins.

"We need the police to turn a blind eye to our activities. My ally in the force, Sergeant Abberline. I have heard he is a master of disguise," he says. Jacob picks up the drawing and inspect it. Evie does so as well before looking to the next one that Henry shows.

"Next up: the urchins," Henry says.

"Urchins?" Jacob says with a disgruntled voice. Evie rolls her eyes. He is still not over it about being robbed by an urchin.

"Yes. Urchins make for excellent spies," Henry answers polity with a smile. Evie admits that Henry is handsome, smart, and polite. However, the mission comes first, and feelings later. Father always said to not let your feelings jeopardise the mission.

Evie picks the drawing up. "Clara O' Dae," she reads. It shows a young girl. Probably younger than fifteen. But it is hard to say from a drawing.

"Smart as a whip that one," Henry says as he looks at Evie. He then shows another drawing. Two women who look identical to each other. From the looks of it, around nineteen or twenties years old. Similar in age to herself and Jacob.

"My finest contacts and dear friends, Lady Sarah Scott and Lady Olivia Scott. They even sponsored my shop. Without their sponsorship, I would not have this place," he says.