Chapter 8: Clara Scott

Evie Frye

Evie entered the train hideout as she hopes to see Jacob there. She was first greeted by Henry who waited for her in her own train wagon. Henry looks a bit down, but overall well. In his hand, he has a picture of four people. One was an older woman with long grey hair. Next to her was a golden-haired woman.

Evie remembered her as the woman in the painting. Sarah said she was their mother. Even in the picture, Evie had to admit it was a strong-looking woman with a certain beauty to her. In the painting, she wore a serious yet gentle expression. In this picture, she looked happy and elated as she cradled two babies in her arms. It must be Sarah and Olivia.

"Miss Frye, I have found the connection," Henry says as he stood up from his chair. "Sarah and Olivia are related to Edward Kenway. They are the descendants of Elizabeth Scott who was the sister of Haytam Kenway."

"I know. I heard it from Sarah yesterday evening. They wish to get the Kenway Mansion back from the Templars. Sarah explained that Abberline can do it if we plant illegal substances in the mansion," Evie says while walking to her desk. She put the notebook securely between her own. Evie trusts the twins but she feels that this place is safer than their mansion.

"I see. How's everything going? Between you two?"

"Good. We work well together. She is smart and precise in her plans which is appreciated. Unlike Jacob who is reckless beyond belief. That reminds me, I need to check on the Asylum. He killed a Templar there and I have to see whether he did not make a mess out of it," Evie says as she sits down in a comfy chair.

"That is good to hear, Miss Frye. Only, that is not what I meant. How is it going relationship-wise," Henry says with a chuckle. Evie takes a deep breath before she answered.

"If you tell me about how it goes between you and Olivia."

Henry awkwardly shifts as she scratches his head. "Well, I can be short about it. She respectfully declined my advances. Olivia told me when she came here before going a restaurant for dinner with Clara and Sarah. It seems we were not meant to be."

"Sorry to hear that. To hold up my end of the bargain. Sarah and I talked about it. She answered many questions about how it would work and such. I appreciate that she gives me time to work things out. It is overwhelming at times, you know?"

Henry knowingly nods as he pours two mugs of water. He holds one out to Evie as they sit together in the wagon of Evie. "I know, Miss Frye. There's one more thing I managed to find out. I send a letter to the archive to see if they missed anything about the Scott twins. It turns out Sarah had a relationship in Italy with another Assassin called Maria. They parted ways, but Maria disappeared for some reason. The letter was sent to see if Sarah knew anything, but the letter was neglected."

Evie finds it surprising and also not surprising. Sarah mentioned she has some experience. She also does not strike like a person that would do anything harsh or be unfaithful to someone. Evie finds her one of the kindest and most patient persons she met. Aside from the very flirtatious nature of Sarah. Evie wants to know what happened, but she will not shy away from her. Why would she?

"That's... surprising, but it won't change things for me. My turmoil has been raging in me and I like it to end in something positive. Of course, it will be a topic we have to discuss if we are to become an... item. Well, enough gossiping about the ladies. Have you seen Jacob? I need to speak with him."

"He should-"

"Someone said my name?" Jacob says as he stands in the doorway. "You, brother dear, are something of a ghost that haunts me. I have need of your network of illegal activities. Sarah and I need some of the most highly illegal substances you can find. We will plant it in Kenway Mansion. Afterward, we send Abberline and we will have the mansion for ourselves."