Chapter 17: The Reemergence Of Maria

Evie Frye

The women step off the steamboat that brought them to London Tower. Evie looked to the Tower of London with a sigh. She wants this to be over quickly and have a nice night over with Sarah. Of course, no shortcuts, but it could have been somewhere else than the Tower of London.

"Aw, can't wait for dinner?" Sarah cooed as she attaches herself to Evie's arm. With a sheepish smile and red cheeks, Evie nods.

"I-I am looking forward to it," Evie mutters as her cheeks are drowned in red. Her mind went to places that she never thought it would go. Each thought she had an ending in the bedroom. Together.

"Glad I could make you excited about it! Come, let's get this Lucy out of our hair and to the restaurant!" Sarah says excitedly, dragging Evie with her.

"This restaurant... it's not super expensive, is it? I don't want to-" Evie starts to say before a finger is placed on her lips to cut her off.

"The restaurant is owned by me and Olivia. Don't worry my compassionate and thoughtful partner," Sarah says with a smile as she chuckles. Evie can't help but smile as well while she examines the walls to calculate the best and most efficient way to get inside. She wants to get this squared away as soon as possible.

"Good! The guard should not be on this section of the wall for another ten minutes. I studied the standard patrol routes and layout of the Tower. When we are in the courtyard, we should find a vantage point to get a lay of the land. After that we can formulate a plan on taking Lucy out," Evie says while thinking.

"It seems I have no need to worry then. Shall we dear?" Sarah asks, aiming her rope launcher at the wall. Evie nods and both soar through the darkness to the walls. Surprisingly, no guards were on the outer walls, at least not on the side that faced the canal. Perched on a tower, both Sarah and Evie looked around the courtyard. It was filled with soldiers.

"Well, at least we'll have plenty of sneaking to do, Sarah mumbles before she points to the large building in the middle. "I bet Lucy is in there. The only question is, how to get inside?"

"There is not an easy way in without alerting the guards. We need something extra. Keys, someone that will help us get inside..." Evie says as she looks around. "There. Do you see it?"

Sarah squints her eyes to see what Evie is pointing at. In the distance, she could see one guard being strangled by another. It was something that stocked out to Evie. One would not see two Royal Guards strangling each other every day. Something must be going on with the guards. Templars, Evie concluded.

"It seems the Templars infiltrated the Royal Guards. One is trying to out them from the looks of it," Sarah says.

"Do you know that man by any chance?"

Sarah laughs softly as she shakes her head. "I have great eyesight, but this is a bit too far for me. Now that I think about it, but I do know the Constable. He sometimes comes to the tinkering club I personally oversee. I love to thinker..." Sarah says with a smile.

"Good to know... but he doesn't have the appearance from what I could tell. Come, let's help the man and see what's going on. The roof on the left side seems the best way to get there. We just have to stick to the shadows and not raise suspicion," Evie says and motions to Sarah to follow.

The woman sneaks their way around the large courtyard. Each of their steps was carefully placed, but still with sufficient speed without being spotted. As shadowy blurs, they cross the distance and soon find their way to the other side of the courtyard. The man Evie spotted was soon spotted again as they approach the man carefully.