Chapter 14: Coming Home

Sarah Scott

The door to Sarah's room is opened and Evie entered with a tray of breakfast. Tea along with some of Olivia's excellent cooking. The sight of Evie creates a bright smile on Sarah's face.

'We're together now! I am hers and she is mine. May the tides of fate be kind to us,' Sarah says in her mind as her gaze follows Evie.

"How are you doing, Sarah? Any leftover pain? Discomfort?" Evie asks as she puts the tray on the nightstand. The woman in bed shuffles to release her arms from the warm embrace of the blanket. They open wide to invite Evie in along with a loving smile sent by Sarah.

"I am much better, thank you for bringing me breakfast. May I get a hug, Evie?"

A smile forms on Evie's lips as she slips into the embrace. Her own arms wind around the Blond as Evie feels a set of arms going around her waist. A deep breath is taken by Sarah. Evie smells like paper and ink. Suits her, Sarah thought. Evie breaks away to sit on her bed.

"It's good to see you with some color again, Sarah. Olivia made you breakfast. I am also the bringer of good news," she says and holds out an already-opened letter. It looks like an official letter from the City of London.

"What's the good news? I have only been in bed for two days. By force no less," Sarah says with a chuckle as she takes the letter from Evie.

"I wanted you to rest! Can't blame me for wishing to give you the time to recover. I- I am supposed to care for you and look out for you," Evie softly says as her cheeks redden. A chaste kiss is placed on the flushed cheeks as Sarah sees the flustered woman. It only makes the cheeks redder.

"I know. And I love you for it," Sara says as she opens the letter. It was from the City of London. She was slowly sitting upright the further she read, her face morphing into joy. Her sister's and her own dream came finally true.

"The mansion is ours! Evie, we did it! Abberline came through," Sarah says as she throws herself at Evie. She was haphazardly caught by a smiling Evie.

"Things are looking up, Sarah. Jacob and Olivia killed another Templar. I hope Jacob learns something from your sister. He already jeopardised the medical system. Cleaning up his mess is not what I want to do. On another note! I have been looking into this key," Evie begins to excitedly explain. Her hand disappear in her pocket for a moment only to reappear with a round disk. Probably a key to activate some kind of mechanism, Sarah thought.

"It leads to a monument in London which I am planning to visit. Of course, I wanted to ask if you wanted to come along, but I can imagine you rather organise your new home. Move your belongings there as well. But if-"

Evie's long-winded summary came to a stop when Sarah placed a finger on her lips. The eyes of Evie went to Sarah as she sheepishly smiled in embarrassment.

"You're cute when excited, Evie. It is as you say, I like to get our home in order. You are welcome anytime. Being together comes with perks after all. It is good to hear that everything is going well. Is Olivia preparing the Mansion?" Sarah asks. A red-faced Evie nods in confirmation.

"Good. I have an idea about London and the Brotherhood. Why don't you go after what Edward left behind? I will make sure to have everything organised to unveil my idea. Sound good?" Sarah asks as she removes the finger.

"Yes. Sounds, ehm, good. I need to get used to this. To us, I mean. I don't even know what to do."

"Whatever comes naturally. We could have dinner somewhere. Go on a walk, or just sit together at home to read or play some game. I don't know. Whatever we want, I suppose," Sarah says with a shrug.