Chapter 6: Securing The Price

Evie Frye

Evie and Henry were waiting at the station for the train. It was constantly on the move and would pass every station in the case someone had to get off or on. The two Assassins weren't entirely sure when it would pass by as the train took random routes. Now, they sat together on a wooden bench. The train station half deserted. Both were mostly thinking in silence.

"Miss Evie, may I ask you something? I can only ask you as I need a woman's advice," Henry asks as he takes a deep breath. His gaze eventually going to Evie who had been sitting silently next to him.

"Shoot," Evie simply says.

"Do I have a chance with Olivia?"

Evie was silent for a moment. The brain of Evie was tired of today's event. She was out all day searching for clues and information about Thorne's operations. In the evening she had dinner with Sarah which was emotionally taxing. Evie found it a very strange thing. It was mainly the questions she has swimming in her head the whole time. It made her feel exhausted as she couldn't find the answers.

And now she has to do deal with Henry's romance problems? No, thank you.

"Henry, I have enough to think about concerning the other half of the duo. I hope you don't mind if I am a bit preoccupied with her," Evie says with a sigh.

"Of course. My apologies. That was inconsiderate of me. It's hard, isn't it?"

"You can say that again. Is it always this energy demanding? I feel like I fought an army of Templars," Evie says messaging her tired eyes. Henry laughs as he pats her on the shoulder.

"You are at the start, Evie. My mother used to tell me that the start of anything in life is the most difficult part. Once you passed the hard part, you will see that it was worth the effort. Or so she made me believe," he says with as smile. His hand squeezing her shoulder in support.

"Those words come from a wise woman, Henry. I will think on it. It seems that is filling most of my spare time these days. Come, our train has arrived."

The portion of the train that belonged to Evie was neatly organised. A section for her clothing. Another section that serves as her sleeping arrangement. It wasn't large by any means, but enough space for a bed. Lastly, there was a small study section which also has her many weapons tucked beside the desk.

This is her sanctuary where nothing would disturb her. Where she could work in peace. Think clearly if she needed too, which was very often ever since she arrived in London. And where she-

"Evie! Dear, sister!" Jacob announces himself as he burst in Evie's room.

... could escape her brother. Evie groggily opened her eyes as she looks at Jacob from her bed. Last night was exhausting and she hoped to catch a bit more sleep this morning. It wasn't very much like her but she thought she deserved it.

"What?!" Evie asks annoyed turning in her bed.

"I heard the most fascinating story from Greenie. What was it again? Ah, right! Sarah Scott..." he says in a very teasing manner, plopping down on her bed.

"Urgh! Jacob, get out!"

"What's going on, dear Evie? Something you need to tell your dear brother?" Jacob asks, making kissing noises to annoy her further.

"We did not kiss!" Evie yells as she shot up from her bed.

"So something is going on! I knew it!" He says triumphantly, quickly getting up from the bed before he got hit by Evie.

"There's nothing going on! Now, if you could get out of my room. I have things to do," Evie says with growing irritation. Jacob grins as he saunters irritatingly around the room.