Chapter 5: Dinner with Sarah and Olivia

Evie Frye

Evie stood across the street facing the Scott residence. She can already see the women walking around in the dining room. Olivia was mainly in the kitchen while Sarah set the table. A mental sigh was leaving her as she notices where Sarah was aiming to sit. A place where she will always be facing Evie, no matter where she would sit. It makes her wonder if she is even serious about it.

Evie was hesitant to enter the house. It wasn't because of her being caught last time, she was over that pretty quickly actually. The dinner itself was also not the issue. Evie can handle that just fine. However, she was doubting herself whether she could handle Sarah Scott. The forwardness, the words spoken, even her gaze... It was hard to remain true to her father's lessons and not give them a go. But is she even...

"Do I look presentable, Evie?" Henry asked interrupting her thoughts. It makes her wonder whether he is more nervous than her. Why is he nervous? Don't tell me he has a crush on Olivia...

"You look fine, Henry. Why are you a nervous wreck? It is just dinner with colleagues," Evie says. In this instance, she is glad she was able to hide some of her emotions. Henry would be asking the same question to her. Evie is just glad Jacob wasn't coming along.

"Right. I know. It is just the first time I am invited to dinner by them. O-Olivia is probably cooking something delicious..." he rambled as he fidgets with the flower bouquet.

Henry was very insistent on buying one to at least show their appreciation. There may also be another reason behind it. Since the stutter came when Olivia's name was spoken... He has a crush. One that probably won't be answered by Olivia. She showed zero interest in poor Henry. Evie may not be well versed in the romance arts, but even she can see he is hopeless.

"Then let's find out, shall we?" Evie says and crosses the street. The door came close and soon the doorbell rang through the Scott residence.

"I'll get the door!" Sarah's voice rang through the house. Henry shifts a bit next to Evie, adjusting a part of his Assassin uniform.

The door opens and a brightly smiling Sarah greeted them. Sarah looked very well dressed for what Evie thought to be a simple dinner. The red dress Sarah was wearing showed enough to Evie and Henry. She saw the dinner as something more. Even Henry had flushed cheeks as he cleared his throat.

"Lady Sarah, thank you for inviting us," Henry says, holding the bouquet out to Sarah. It makes her smile as she takes the bouquet. She briefly sniffed the flowers and Evie noticed a quick glance directed at her.

"Thank you, Henry. And you too, dear Evie. The flowers are beautiful. Please come on in, dinner is just about ready. You have impeccable timing, my friends," she says motioning for them to get inside.

Henry looked curiously around as the trio entered the living room. He especially looked interested in the paintings that were hung on the walls. Evie found them eye-catching as well. It reminded her of something her father told her long ago about the Brotherhood in London. Kenway used to be the leader alongside Miko. Edward Kenway was a famous pirate before he settled down in London. It was mainly him that caused the rise of the British Brotherhood.

"Henry, Evie filled you in about us, I assume?" Sarah asked as she sat down in her seat, right across from Evie. Henry nods as his gaze went from the paintings to Sarah.

"Yes. Former Assassins. I never thought of the option you could be Assassins, but it now makes sense as I think back on it. It would be the reason why the Templars never found out about me," he says.

"Guilty as charged. I hope you like Italian. Olivia was dying to try out a recipe she learned while we were there. You won't be disappointed. Olivia is quite the cook," Sarah says with a chuckle.