Chapter 4: The Ladies Scott

Evie Frye

Steaming cups of tea were placed by Olivia on the dining table. Evie sat at one side facing the twins. At the other side of the table were where the twins sat. On the table were two pistols within hand reach, just in case Evie tried anything. However, Evie has no intention of doing anything, but she understood the precaution.

It is hard to imagine that these two women are skilled and very much deadly. The first time they met them, Evie was under the impression they were hiding something of import. It didn't occur to her that they were anything but normal people.

Their talkative and friendly way of interacting with Evie was nowhere to be seen when they caught her. It took her by complete surprise. Considering that they were able to sneak up on her unnoticed that is. Evie can respect their skill but also made her fearful of them. Evie is one the most skilled people in the sneaking arts and not to mention very much aware of her environment.

"So, Miss Frye, I assume you became interested in us after dealing with Daniel?" Sarah asks as she sips her tea. Evie knitted her brows together. Did they know?

"You knew...?" Evie asks with surprise laced through her few words.

"We know about your fight with Kaylock, about Mister Green helping you and your brother in taking back London from the Templars, even your interaction with Mister Bell where you obtained the wonderful rope launcher. Is it so surprising, Miss Frye?"

"You're Assassins?" Evie asked in a shocked voice. They could be Templars too, but something told her that they were not. She always trusted her instincts and she trusts them now as well. "Why are you not helping us in retaking London?"

"Are we Assassins, Olivia?" Sarah asks her sister. A giggle leaves Olivia as she shakes her head. "No, sister. And also no Templars, mind you."

Evie's pinched the bridge of her nose as she thought for a moment. How is it that they know so much about both sides? Where were they trained? This is not a conflict you get dragged into by chance. Italy perhaps? Green mentioned they went there for a year. It also is very weird they are back to their jovial persona again. Evie guessed it had to do with her being disarmed and at their mercy.

"It still confuses me as to how you know so much of our world. The Templars, the Assassin Brotherhood, the conflict in London. Where did you learn of this?"

"You already know the answer, Miss Frye. I expected a better question from you," Sarah says with a tinge of disappointment.

What? Evie has a hard time as she sips her tea while confusion swims across her mind. She knows the answer to her own question? How would she know? Was it something in the house? Was the answer so obvious that she blinded herself to thinking of something complex and large?

"Allow me to explain it a bit to you, Miss Frye. We are former members of the Brotherhood. The council is incompetent and a bunch of cowards. When we left the order, we traveled across France and Italy to learn from our sister Brotherhoods. We made sure to destroy any records held by the British Brotherhood concerning us. Templars have a far reach in this country and we couldn't take the risk of them knowing about us," Olivia explains calmly to Evie.

"Why not help Henry? He asked the council multiple times for aid. It would have helped the Brotherhood in locating the Piece of Eden and removing the Templars from London," Evie argues as she looks to the sisters. They only smile in return as they watch Evie who seems lost.

"We helped him, didn't we? His shop is unknown to the Templars. We 'introduced' him to Clara and Abberline. Henry just did not know about how much we influenced his actions in London," Sarah answered with a simple shrug.