Chapter 18: Lost

Tw: Blood, Death

Strawberry Crepe got up and did their morning
routine. After that they put milk in a bowl before adding cereal on it. "Committing war crimes are the best start of the day." Crepe smiled.

Crepe finished their breakfast and put on their cape. Crepe heard a knock on the door, they opened it. Custard stood in front of crepe.
"Are you done yet?" Custard asked.

"I'll be out in a second!" Crepe replied

After a few minutes Crepe got with their group and left the kingdom.

"So which direction we're going to?" Devil asked Custard. Custard looked at the map.

"Your king says... This direction!" Custard pointed at the direction. They followed custard into the forest.

Crepe wasn't so sure about the map leading to the Vanilla Kingdom.

They walked for 5 hours and got lost. "Hmm I can't tell if this is the correct map." Custard looked at the map confusingly.

"Let me see." Crepe grabbed map. They realized it was upside down.

"You idiot! that map was upside down!" Crepe yelled at Custard.

"I didn't know it was upside down!" Custard argued.

"How'd you not realize that?!" Crepe questioned.

"I thought you were smart!"

" Well Duh! How do you expect me to fix every mistake!"

"Will both of you shut up! you're starting to make my ears bleed!" Devil stopped the fight.

They puffed and looked away from each other

"Hey walnut, what's up with you? you've been quite for hours now." Crepe looked at her.

"Oh, don't worry about me. I'm fine" Walnut sweated.

"Alright then... anyways how are supposed to get to the Vanilla Kingdom or even back to the Kingdom?" Strawberry Crepe asked.

"Gimme the map." Devil yanked the map from Crepe and looked at it.

"Yep, we're completely lost." Devil pointed out.

They didn't notice Walnut slowly walking up to Devil. Walnut pulled out a knife and raised it.

Custard noticed walnut and called her out. "Walnut what are you doing!?"

Devil looked behind them and quickly dodged as Walnut tried to slice them.

"Walnut what's wrong with you!?"

"You don't realize... killing is fun now!"

"!?!"

"Hahahahahahahahahah It feels so GREAT now to watch someone bleed to death!" Walnut snapped.

"You're scaring your king!" Custard hid behind Crepe

Crepe summoned their Crepe arms.

"Crepe this might be that pointy hat's doing."  Devil guessed.

Alchemist appeared behind a smokescreen. "This was by me this time!" I've corrupted Walnut!"

"Leave us alone for once!" Custard demanded.

"I don't have alot of time, so I'll explain this. I secretly put something in the water that Walnut drank before she slept. you'll figure out the rest sooner. take care Walnut! ~" Alchemist disappeared.

"It's time to play a game!" Walnut said.

Devil stabbed the ground with their pitchfork to create a Devilish Rune below Walnut. 

"I've known all of your tricks!"

Walnut moved three steps to the right, away from the rune

"Alright I did my best." Devil shrugged.

"I guess this is my turn!" 

Walnut pulled out 8 more knifes and threw them at Custard, Crepe, and Devil. They all were stabbed by 3 knives each.

Cotton spilled out of them. it was Devil's cotton trick they used in the abandoned mansion. Walnut got closer to the fakes and noticed They ran towards the trees far away from Walnut. They hid behind it, catching their breaths.

"This is getting annoying!" Strawberry crepe yelled

"I can't use the same trick again, that used up chunk of my soulstone." Devil said.

"What do we do? we can't hit a girl." Custard wondered.

"Screw that! i'd rather annihilate her to crumbs than get killed." Crepe said.

"Almond would annihilate us too if we did something to either her or Chestnut." Devil stated. Crepe had a second thought and decided not to do it. 

"I've found you~"

Walnut slashed the tree behind Custard. The tree collapsed while Custard moved out of the way.

Devil threw their pitchforks, but Walnut deflected it. Walnut slashed Devil in the arm, it started to bleed.  

"AUGH!"'

"No way we're fighting this!" Strawbeery Crepe pulled Devil.

"Custard we're ditching her!" Crepe yelled.

Custard followed Crepe and Devil

"You're not getting away from me~" 

Walnut chased down the others. They were near a bridge. Unfortunately for them, Walnut caught up quickly.

Custard tripped on a rock and landed on the ground. 

"Uh oh! We need to save him!" Crepe said. 

Crepe fired misslies at Walnut while trying to use the force of the explosion to push custard towards them.

"We need to explode the bridge!" Devil thought.

"Wait!" Custard stopped Devil

Walnut managed to get a hold of Custard and Devil's Soulstones.

"i wonder what if i somehow accidentally dropped- ooops~" 

Walnut dropped Custard's soulstone and shattered it with her foot. Custard didn't feel good. He vommitted black ooze and his eye started to turn into black ooze. 

"Your king doesn't feel... so.... good....." Custard said.  Crepe felt shocked looking at Custard's damaged state. Devil looked at Custard for a split second and realized it was a fatal mistake they made. Walnut pierced Devil's heart with a knife. Crepe was more frightened to see their best friend get stabbed.

Walnut pulled the knife back. Devil fell on the ground coughing as their life was slowly coming to an end. They coughed up some final words. "Strawberry... Crepe... take Custard and run..."

"I-I can still save both you and Custard!"

"No... if you save me, we all die, and They will... finally win... I'm saying this as your best friend. from all these years..."

"DEVIL! DON'T." 

Devil had enough strength to cut the bridge. Strawberry Crepe pulled custard to the other side.

"Tell... Angel cookie... I.... l....l.ove them..." DEvil's voice became faint.

"Thank you, Strawberry Crepe for being my best friend..." Devil released their breath. their live came to an end.

The sky started to rain.  Crepe pulled Custard as they were in tears and looked away from Devil and Walnut. They grabbed the soulstone shards that Devil secretly tossed. 

Crepe carried Custard and ran into the forest.

Will Alchemist finally win for once or will it be the end for the last two.

To be continued.