Chapter 26: Shadows

Tw: Dismemberment, Death

"Shadow Clones, destroy them." Cream Puff commanded them. The shadows attacked their counterparts. The non-shadow cookies fought back.

The cookies had to deal with not only Cream Puff and the book colossus but with their shadow counterparts too. It was a tough fight.

"Everyone, we need a strategy! Fighting head on will result in a quick failure!" Espresso said. the other nodded. They had to think while fighting their clones at the same time. Cream Puff formed a ball using all the books around and throws it at them.  They jumped out of the way to avoid being crushed.

"Is everyone alright!?" Madeleine asked everyone. They silently nodded as they were fine. 

The shadow version of Espresso used their skill to drag them close to the coffee orb. They were thrown up in the air after the skill ended. Shadow Madeleine slashed them with their sword.  Madeleine tried to protect the others by deflecting the sword, but the shadow was too quick for him to react.  Shadow Madeleine wounded Espresso and Almond in the arm or back. They were bleeding. Latte and Madeleine were scratched but was not wounded.

"Almond Honey! are you alright!?" Latte checked on Almond. "I'm... urgh... fine... can't say about my back though." He grunted.  "ALMOND AND LATTE, WATCH OUT!" Madeleine warned them. They turned their heads around to see shadow Latte ready to hit one of them. Almond threw handcuffs at the shadow. Cream Puff grabbed all of the handcuffs. "You didn't forget about me, did you?"  She cackled. Shadow Latte hit's Almond's left arm. His arm starts to crack. He muffled in pain. "Almond Cookie! Oh my god..." Latte was horrified by his arm nearly breaking apart. She was furious. "Now you've gone too far now!" Latte twirled her spoon around to its sharp end, drawing a glyph on the floor. 

"Not this time!" Cream Puff yelled. She grabbed Latte using the book's arm to grab her tightly before Latte could finish drawing a glyph. 

Latte struggled to let herself free from the hand, but she couldn't. 

"Hang on! We'll get you free!" Almond said. 

Almond, Espresso and Madeleine attempted to save her. 

"Not another step or else "Mom" will die." Cream Puff threatened them.

"Take this!" 

Espresso fires a flaming coffee bean onto one of the arms. It caused the arm of the Book Giant to fall off, setting Latte free. Latte flies away from Cream Puff.

"Alright, seems like a distraction worked Espresso cookie!" Almond gave him credit. There were handcuffs linked from one to another all over the place. 

Cream Puff looked surprised. Almond pulled in the chain. The chandelier that was connected to the chains broke as Almond pulled it. It started to fall down right below Cream Puff. 

Cream Puff had one last trick. She quickly switches places with Latte.

CRASH

 Latte was struck by the chandelier. The books detached from each other and fell along with Latte. She was killed by the chandelier which crushed her.

Almond was horrified. He dropped his handcuffs to see Latte killed. He fell on his knees, letting out a tear. 

The others were horrified.

Almond got up and walked closer to her, trying to deny the fact that Latte was dead. 

Boom

The Chandelier exploded, reducing Latte's body to ashes. The explosion ripped Almond's arm apart. The injury was so badly that Almond fainted after his arm was ripped apart. Espresso ran to get Almond before dragging him away from the fire.