Chapter 20: Confession

Pure vanilla and one of the raisin villagers treated everyone's injuries. Pure Vanilla made an attempt to repair the broken soulstone. It was successful and Custard was back to normal. The raisin villager released all the remaining electricity in Strawberry Crepe and Walnut using healing magic. Strawberry Crepe woke up. They realized they were in a room with Custard and Walnut, trying to piece together what happened.

"W-where am I?" Strawberry Crepe asked

"You're in the vanilla kingdom! You were out for a day now." the raisin villager said.

" How are the others doing?" Strawberry Crepe asked.

"They're doing just all right. They'll be up anytime soon!" Pure Vanilla predicted.

Strawberry Crepe got off the bed and walked out the castle. They went somewhere else instead of going to the wafflebot hangar.

6 hours later

Custard and Walnut were awake and was told of what happened. They talked to Pure Vanilla about the current situation.

"I've received this letter from Golden Cheese about Hollyberry being dead, Am i correct?" Pure Vanilla questioned

"Yes, according to Wildberry's story, Queen Golden Cheese is also dead." Walnut confirmed.

"This is worse than i expected. It seems like we'll need to make a move immediately." Pure Vanilla suggested.

"I'd say we form a cookie alliance just like how Cream Puff said before." Walnut thought of an idea.

"Quite a great idea! We'll have to call fourth our allies." Pure Vanilla smiled.

"Gingerbrave and the others are handling the other legendaries and the remaining ancients. but the bad news is that Sea Fairy is corrupted." Custard explained.

"I'll contact the Creme Republic to assist us in our current situation" Pure vanilla pulled out a pen and paper.

Custard and Walnut exited the kingdom and took a walk around the plaza.

"You should meet Black Raisin Cookie! She's like the big sister of the village!" Custard suggested Walnut.

Walnut became interested in meeting her. They walked around the Plaza to find Black Raisin. They found her by Crow's Nest Inn being surrounded by the other Raisin villagers. The kids came up to Black Raisin to greet her.

"Hello there Custard! How are you doing?" Black raisin greeted.

"I'm doing just fine thank you!" Custard replied.

Black Raisin looked at Walnut. "I see you've made a friend Custard!"

"I'm Walnut Cookie! I'm an ace detective." Walnut introduced herself.

"A kid being a detective. I guess that's one thing you never see every day." Black raisin said to herself.

"What are you doing?" Custard Asked.

a bag-covered head villager told them what they are doing. "We're trying to convince Black Raisin to wear a maid costume for tomorrow." "And I'm not going to do that!"

"Black Raisin in a maid costume?" Custard asked. Black Raisin blushed profusely.

"N-NO DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT IT! T-THIS IS S-SOME CHILDS PLAY!"

Black Raisin didn't want to do it but the kids insisted. "You're the only girl that can pull this off!"

"Never in a million years!" Black Raisin hissed. Suddenly her crows started to side with the villagers. "You guys too!?" She screamed.

Walnut decided it was not her problem and dragged Custard away. "Hey!! It's rude to drag someone away when they're having a conversation!" He yelled. "It's also rude to listen on sensitive topics which has nothing to do with you." Walnut argued back. Custard stayed silent for a moment. Walnut immediately went back to defend Black Raisin. "Whatever." Custard decided to go visit Strawberry Crepe in the Wafflebot Hangar. When he got there, He knocked on the door. Nobody answered the door, and he knocked harder. There was still no answer. "Where could They be?" Custard pondered.

Custard decided to look through the Garden. There was no sign of them anywhere.

"Hello? Strawberry Crepe cookie?" Custard called. Still no sign of Strawberry Crepe anywhere. Custard tried looking in the magic academy. The classroom was empty at the moment, so Custard didn't find them there.

Custard tried asking around the plaza if they knew where Strawberry Crepe went.

"Have you seen a cookie with pink hair, wearing a cape?"

"Sorry, haven't seen that cookie..."

Custard asked another cookie, but nobody has ever seen them. One of the crows came up to Custard and pecked his head. "Ow... stop doing that!" The crow pointed at the teleporter. "Are you telling me that I have to go down? Alright then." Custard teleported to the ground. The crow pulled his hair towards the old village. Custard walked there in the crow's direction.

Custard arrived at the village. The crow flew away. Custard looked around the empty village trying to find Strawberry Crepe. Custard didn't find them anywhere. Custard wanted to give up but then he looked at the lake below the Vanilla kingdom. "That cookie forcing me to walk to one place to another, that's not a good way to treat your king." Custard walked to the lake and found Strawberry Crepe sitting on the ground with sorrow. "Strawberry Crepe cookie?" Custard asked. "I'm a nuisance to the world." They muttered. "Huh?"

"No matter what I do... I'm always the villain here in this world!" Strawberry Crepe cried.

"Why do you say that!?"

"I remember what happened before i was in a deep sleep. I'll just tell you since you're dumb." Strawberry started to explain their past to Custard.

After the explantion.

"I feel sorry for you..."

"Don't... it's not your concern anyways. Devil gone and now I'm left with one person left."

"Who is it?"

"You."

"Me?"

Strawberry Crepe sighed and decided to admit their true feelings.

"I...i had a crush on you after you've last visited the Vanilla kingdom by yourself. I tried to deny it but i've became madly in love with you..."

Custard did not say anything to Strawberry Crepe's confession.

"It's fine if you don't feel the sa-"

Custard hugged Strawberry Crepe. The wind softly blew through the grass. Strawberry Crepe slowly lifted their arms to hug Custard back. Strawberry Crepe couldn't hold back on their tears and whispered softly.

"Thank you, Custard."

"You're welcome."

They let go of each other. Strawberry Crepe lifted Custard with their Waffle Arm. "We have a job to finish, isn't that right?" Strawberry Crepe looked at Custard. He nodded back.

They walked back to the Vanilla kingdom.