Chapter 23: Chase

"Hi there grandpa!"

"Hello there Custard cookie the third, did you get the package i've ordered?" Pure Vanilla asked Custard. Custard handed the package to Pure Vanilla. He put it aside on the table. "Thank for picking the package for me Custard." Pure Vanilla thanked Custard. "It's what a king would do!" Custard smiled. Custard decided to go play with the other kids. Pure Vanilla looked resolved until he sensed a presence behind him. "May I help you with something?" Pure Vanilla asked the cookie behind him. "Yes, Do you know where is Strawberry Crepe Cookie, Pure Vanilla Cookie.". Pure Vanilla recognized that voice as he turned around. "You're Affogato cookie if i'm mistaken." Pure Vanilla looked tense. "Ah yes, even you know your enemies very well." Affogato complimented.

"What do you want from us?" Pure Vanilla gave an unsettling look.

"I've come here for Strawberry Crepe Cookie. Dark Enchantress summoned them."

"I'll go find them."

"Ah bup-bup-bup, I'm not finished yet." Affogato halted him.

"I want something more than getting them, I simply want the soul jam."

Pure Vanilla was shocked. Did he just asked to steal his soul jam?

"That is, if you don't want to see your kingdom burn to ashes." Affogato smiled down on him. "I was correct then." Pure Vanilla reflected to himself.

"(If i don't hand over my soul jam, all will be crumbled. If i do hand it over, my kingdom be safe but the whole world could be in danger.)"

"Time is of the essence now. Hand over the soul jam, your people will be safe from your smart choice."

Pure Vanilla was reluctant to deny his offer, but he had no other choice but to hand it over. He removed the soul jam on his chest and walked over to him.

"STOP IT PURE VANILLA!" Custard yelled out of nowhere. Custard ran in and yanked the Soul Jam away from him.

"Grandpa, what do think you are doing?!" Custard yelled. His voice got the attention of the other kids, they listened in on the argument.

"We meet again. It's quite strange how fate brought us here again." Affogato grinned. "Custard Cookie, what are you doing?" Pure Vanilla pondered

"You shouldn't do this, He'll trick you!" Custard tried to warn Pure Vanilla.

"I know we can't trust him but we're all going to perish dearly if we don't sacrifice the Soul Jam." Pure Vanilla tried to grab the Soul Jam back from Custard. Custard tugged it back.

"(I see this could be an opportunity.)" Affogato deviously thought to himself. "Stop it, it's unlikely for a king to just to give up a power for a lie!" Custard argued. "Custard, you're not the one to decide, now give me the Soul Jam." Pure Vanilla asked 'nicely'. Custard hissed at him.

Strawberry Crepe had to come out of the crate to see what was going on. They quickly understood the situation under one minute. They walked over to Affogato Cookie. "Uh... Affogato Cookie, what are you doing here?" Strawberry Crepe was curious. "Strawberry Crepe cookie, Dark Enchantress Cookie wanted you." Affogato informed them. "What does she want with me?" Strawberry Crepe widen their eyes. Affogato didn't know why.

"Custard, you're endangering all of us..." Pure Vanilla tugged the Soul Jam. "YOU'RE THE ONE WHO'S PUTTING EVERYONE IN HARM.

"Custard, stop it we can all come to an agreement somehow" Walnut tried to break up the fight but Pure Vanilla and Custard yelled. "STAY OUT OF THIS!" Walnut immediately backed up.

Strawberry Crepe and Affogato were whispering to each other. "My lies are proven to be quite effective when it comes to friendship." Affogato whispered to Strawberry Crepe. "I can't hurt Custard Cookie, He's someone that I love the most." Strawberry Crepe didn't want to hurt Custard. "Isn't stealing things and kidnapping your specialty" Affogato reminded Strawberry Crepe. "Yeah, but still, this feels kinda wrong to me"