part eight: christmas in new york

i was walking into the gates at school with dan and serena. "how about and antique butter chrum?" dan asked. "oh my god, that would go so well with my loom. i know what i'm getting you for christmas now!" serena said, putting an ugly hat on dan. "oh, for when i move to sibera?" dan asked. "hmm no." serena replied. "come on. new york hardly even gets cold anymore and it never snows. who wants chestnuts on and open fire when it feels like florida?" dad asked. "i wish it felt like florida. i want to go home for the holidays. it's so cold here." i replied. i was wearing a puffer jacket and a sweatshirt. "okay global warming grinches!" serena replied. "i'm just saying christmas should be white and snowy. i'd even settle for an manhattan slush." dan offered. "well i'm going to grab some coffee. see ya later." i said, walking away. "funny seeing you here." nate said. i laughed, and took a sip of my coffee. "so what are your plans for christmas?" nate added. "well i don't know how to do christmas-y cold things. i've been to aspen before but not during christmas time." i replied. "what? no. we are doing all the new york christmasy things." nate declared. "well i was thinking about doing a secret santa. is that ok?" i asked. "perfect." nate said. "i'm going to text you, serena, blair, chuck, and get them all here. okay sent." i replied. five minutes later everyone was here. "chuck you brought the hat?" i asked. "indeed." chuck replied. "the pen and paper, dan?" i asked. "mhm." serena replied. i wrote everybody's name down and put them in a hat. "okay, blair you go first and we will go clockwise." i said. lastly it was me. i got chuck. so i have to get nate, serena, and now chuck a present and all my family? "okay i've got to go shopping." i said. "see you at home?" nate asked. i nodded and walked to a cab. i got chuck gucci-ghost chain bracelet in silver, square frame sunglasses, and a guccighost ring in silver all from gucci. i got nate a flag cashmere crewneck sweater, gregory linen trousers, line shirt in copen blue, and a buckle leather belt all from ralph lauren. i got my mom a double pearl ring in sterling silver from tiffany's. i got serena a baby pink hermes bracelet and a hot pink one for blair. a wallet tiger print in black wallet for brooks. a mini wallet with horse bit in black for my dad. all is done. now for the gift exchange. we all met at blair's and i went first. "so i had chuck! it's the one with the little three boxes in with the santa hats." i said. chuck grabbed his gift and unwrapped the first box, the ring. "dude this is sick. thank you aspen!" chuck said, hugging me. "keep going!" i exclaimed. he opened the matching bracelet next, "you did not need to do this." chuck added. "the last one is my favorite." i replied. he opened up the glass and said, "thank you so much aspen!" "no problem, that was my christmas gift and secret santa gift." i replied. "now everyone give chuck his gift." blair demanded. every did as so, and next blair said, " okay chuck your next." blair stated. "okay well i had blair. it's the one in the ho ho ho wrapping paper." chuck replied. he got her a sliver cartier bracelet. "oh chuck! i love it! thank you!" blair replied. "no problem b." chuck said, giving blair a hug. everyone gave blair her gifts. "thank you everyone! okay, well i had aspen! it's the one in the pink wrapping paper." blair added. she grabbed the gift, gave it to me, and said, "first off, you are the hardest person to shop for." "thank you?" i said. i started opening the gift, it was a pair of pearls. "oh my god b! thank you!" i said, hugging her. "well you told me how you lost them swimming this summer, so i figured." blair replied. "thank you!" i exclaimed. i started opening chuck's present first. chuck got me a light teal hermes bracelet. "thank you chuck!" i exclaimed. "no problem." chuck replied. next was serena's. serena said, "so aspen, i wanted something i know you would use. but your mom said to send it to your florida house, but i got you a custom short surfboard, with gradient corals!" "oh my fucking god! thank you so much!" i exclaimed, giving her a big hug. "awe it's no big deal really!" serena replied. "i can't believe it, how did you know i needed a new board?" i asked. "your brother might have mentioned something." serena said. "okay well it's my turn." nate said. "here ya go." nate said. the first box had a tiffany heart bracelet, with said forever and always. "nate. thank you!" i said, kissing him. "keep going!" nate exclaimed. he got me the same sweater that i  got him. "no way." i said laughing. "what?" he asked, laughing. "i got you the same thing."