part thirteen: back to school night

my party for the back to school party: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/140806230467854/ brooks, mom, dad, liam, liam's mom shelby, liam's dad martin, and i got to back to school night at the waldorf's. then i got a gossip girl blast. a picture of nate and vanessa. i made eye contact with nate. i turned around and headed to the elevator. nate jumped in and the door closed. "look apsen i'm sorry." nate said. "sorry for what? completely lying to me?" i said. then the elevator stopped and the power went out. "you've got to be fucking kidding me." i added. i sat down in the corner. "aspen i love you. always have always will. since the day we went to the coffee shop talked about what we wanted to do, made plans to go surfing every day, have a fuck ton of dogs. that's what i want. i want that with you." nate said, sitting down next to me. "then where were you all summer? i would've dropped everything for you. you had three months to tell me this. now it's to late." i replied, turning my head away from him. "aspen look at me." he said, turning my head with his hand. "no." i said, fighting back tears. "drop everything come. run away with me. no one has to know." nate said. "no. what about liam?" i asked. "screw liam. i hate him." nate said. "why didn't you tell me this before?" i asked. "because it's the thought of you with someone else. i can't stand it." nate said. "you have two girls fallen at your feet. why are you asking me?" i questioned. "no one is like you. you have something special." nate said. the elevator started working, and soon we were outside. it was raining. "come dance with me." nate said. "what?" i said. he went in the middle of the street when it was pouring. "you're not up for the challenge?" nate yelled. "when you put it like that!" i yelled, joining him. "awe that's the girl i know!" nate yelled. i laughed. "we don't have any music!" i exclaimed. he held up his ipod.  "you planned this didn't you?" i asked. he played until i found you. "nate archibald." i said. he spun me around. i felt so safe. i put my head on his chest and he swayed around. "you don't always have to be so brave, you know?" he asked. "oh, but i do actually." i replied. "i made the mistake of not coming after you once, pen. i'm not going to do that again, no matter how brave you are." nate replied. "and i suppose you just expect me to go weak at the knees and fall into your arms and cry hysterically and say, 'we'll figure it out'. a bicointinenal relationship with us running around the city doing whatever we want whenever we want. and you and i just picking up where we left off and going to college together and.. come on nick, what do you expect? to live happily ever after?" i said. "yes. to all of the above. except you don't have to cry hysterically." he replied. "oh yes i do." i replied. his kissed me, i kissed him back.