nate's birthday

two weeks ago i started picking out nate's gift. i just had the ergue. i got him the iconic burberry sweater. i woke up to my phone bussing. "hello?" i asked. "good morning! i need a favor!"  serena exclaimed. "can it happen after twelve?" i asked. "it's ten. unfortunately not. i need you to keep nate busy all day, but he can't know i asked you to." serena stated. "i though you have that assactain game?" i asked. "yeah, but i'm making everyone forget his birthday so he's totally surprised. thanks to your amazing idea." serena made clear. "okay fine. i'll call him for lunch." i replied. "thank you!!" serena exclaimed. "you owe me." i said. "i know! see you tonight!" serena said, hanging up. i got up but on my bunny slippers, walked in to the kitchen to feed the dogs, and called nate. when he picked up i started singing happy birthday. "thank you aspen!" nate exclaimed. "anytime!" i exclaimed. "yeah. that totally made my day better." nate replied.  "what's wrong?" i asked. "serena totally blew off my birthday." nate said. "aw, wanna grab lunch?" i asked. "yeah that sounds good." nate said. "i'll pick you up at the waldorf's at         twelve thirty?" i asked. "perfect. see you then." nate replied. "bye." i said, hanging up.            outfit for lunch: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/492649950267178/                                                              i fed my dogs, got in the shower, made some coffee, and went to pick up nate. i only live ten minutes from the waldorf's so i just walked. when i got there i hugged nate, and we started walking. "so i saw you on the red carpet! you did amazing in that movie!" nate pointed out.   "you watched it?" i asked. "yeah serena and i watched it the night it came out." nate explained. "be honest. was it good?" i questioned. "yeah! but it was funny seeing you up on the big screen. also, since your a famous movie star, do you know olivia burke?" he asked. "i'm definitely not a famous movie star, but she's in  the endless knights right?" i asked. "that's the one. do you know her?" he asked. "uh i've heard some stuff about her, why?" i asked. "dan's dating her." he stated. "no way." i shot back. "yep. what have you heard about her?" nate asked. "uh, nothing bad. apparently she's really sweet. oh look were here!" i exclaimed. we went into the restaurant and sat down. we both ordered grilled cheeses with a side of fries and a coke with a lemon. "i guess serena has something really fun planned right?" i asked, obviously knowing the answer. "yeah, some toad gala at the frick." he replied. he took a bite of his grilled cheese. "uh, that sounds.." i said. "boring? i know. i mean, it's not like i had some high expectations. i just expected serena to be a little more... i mean, you know. basically, this grilled cheese is the best part of my day so far." he pointed out. "it's the best part of mine too." i smiled, eating a french fry. "actually, you know, the best part of the week." i added. "what's up?" he asked. "very very stressful." i replied. "you know you can always come to me, right?" he asked. "yeah. thanks. you can come to me too. friends?" i asked. "friends." he repeated. "but today is not about me. did i mention that i still had to get you back from two june forths ago, aka my birthday. here's your public embarrassment!"  i exclaimed. the workers sang happy birthday, and gave nate a milkshake. "okay, i'm actually happy to be humiliated."  he pointed out. "good. blow out your candle and make a wish. yay!" i exclaimed. "listen, i gotta get going. i. told serena i'd be there by 3 to get ready for the gala. i wish you were still coming but serena said you have things to attend to?" he questioned. "yeah, i have a meeting." i lied. "i rather be doing that then the gala." he replied. "haha, i already paid don't worry. i'll see you tomorrow with your gift." i replied. "you didn't have to get me anything." he stated. "i wanted to." i replied. "this was great, can we do this again?" nate asked. "yeah, definitely." i replied. i had to beat nate to blairs so when he got into a taxi i ran as fast as i could. when i got to blair's serena came up to me and asked, "where's nate?" "i thought he'd be here by now. he got in his taxi and i ran here." i said, out of breath "he's missing!" serena exclaimed. "like missing? kidnapped missing?" i asked. "no he should've been here by now." serena said. "i bet he'll be here any minute." i said. an hour later nate walked in with jenny humphrey. wow. didn't see that one coming. "the game of assassin is simple: kill or be killed. your photo is your life. you wear it around your neck. if someone grabs your picture before you get theirs, you're dead." serena stated. "thanks for planning this, serena told me." nate stated. "anytime." i whispered. "you have to give them the pictures of everyone you've killed. once you're a ghost, you come back here to the safe zone. you can't go beyond this block, but restaurants, buildings, shops...all fair game. the winner is the last assassin on the street. and they have all the other photos. so you have five safe minutes to leave the building starting now." serena said. everyone rushed out. my goal was to hide so there was no way someone would kill me. i hid by the hotdog cart at the edge of the block. i was there for almost forty-five minutes. but then serena killed me.