part nine: school lies

my bathing suit: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/662944007661799908/ there was a party at the school pool late at night. i was swimming when chase yelled, "come on flordia girl. taste this martini!" "okay i'm coming!" i replied, getting out of the pool. "it tastes like water." i said, after i took a sip. "okay show us how it's done." chuck replied. i put all the ingredients into the little shaker and then shook it all up. poured it into a glass, and but some olives in it. "here you go! i'm  going swimming!" i exclaimed, running, then doing a backflip into the water. nate swam up to me. "nate." i said. "what's up? why haven't i seen you? are you avoiding me?" nate questioned. "avoiding you? what?" i asked. "ever since i moved back in with my parents you've been not answering my texts or picking up my calls. i've barely seen you." nate pointed out. "really? i don't recall." i said. "aspen." nate said. "what are you doing?" i asked. "this." he said kissing me. i kissed him back and said, "good catching up." i swam away. "wanna race?" chase asked. chase is the swim captain and i worked as a lifeguard my whole life. "come on mermaid." chase added. "okay, let's go." i replied. "swimmers get ready!" chuck yelled. "on your marks, get set, swim!" chuck yelled, blowing his whistle. i dove in, and forty-five seconds later i was back, beating chase. "woo hoo!" i said, splashing him. "good job!" chase exclaimed, i went underwater. i came back up for air, and chase yelled, "do your best dive!" i got up on the diving board and did a 360 twist. i came up for air, and everyone was clapping. then they're was a big bang and a huge splash. i turned around someone was drowning. "mermaid go get him!" chuck yelled. nate and i dove in at the same time. they're was blood everywhere. we brought him to land, and serena screamed, "does anyone know cpr?!" "i do." i replied. i started doing mouth to mouth while serena called the abmulence. the next day they're was a huge assembly with everyone who was at the party. the head master started saying, "thanks for the cell phone, someone left behind we've got plenty of evidence who was at the party." some lady started talking. "hello. i'm miss queller. the new headmistress here at constance. it's unfortunate that we meet under these circumstances. but i look forward to getting to know you all. i've already talked to your parents. at least the ones i could reach. and look forward to reading your personal essays. ten thousand words describing how you came to be on school property after hours using alcohol and drugs where a fellow student almost died. in other words, what the hell is wrong with you? i'll also be conducting one-on-one interviews. until i discover who broke into the pool and initiated the party. that person will be expelled. if that person is not identified than you'll all face exposition. " miss quller said. after the assembly, we all met up in front of the school. "so we all know how this works." blair said. "if know one talks no one gets in trouble." chuck said. "who broke into the pool anyways?" nate asked. "i guess we don't have to worry about nate cracking under pressure." chuck said. "so we all agree?" blair asked. everyone nodded. "agreed." serena said. "look, blair, i know you have your sights set on yale but, uh, this skul and bones stuff is a bit much. don't you think?" dan questioned. "maybe. but it works. every time." blair said. we all walked away. i walked solo. the next day i had my interview with headmistress queller. "i'm innocent. i'm new, how would i have the key to the pool?" i questioned. "let's stay on point. i reviewed your record. it's pristine. if constance had a shining star, it's aspen reynolds. i would never had expected this from you." miss quller said. "i know. i'm one of the perfect ones." i replied. "miss reynolds, who broke into the pool?" miss quller asked. "like you said, my unfortunate participation in said party was entirely out of character. i don't know anything about it." i replied. later that night, i had a little studying party. chuck was playing with the key. "i can't believe you brought that here. it's evidence! give that to me." i said, grabbing it out of his hands. i went upstairs to my room, opened my desk chore and put the key in there. "aspen!" nate exclaimed. "nate." i replied. "what are you doing here?" i added. "i, uh, wanted to talk to you. i brought you this. it's a love letter." nate replied. "a hostess can't hide in her room, it's unladylike." i replied, leaving my room and going downstairs. the next day, theyre was another assembly. "settle down please. two days ago, i talked about your punishments for your dishonorable actions, and obviously, you didn't believe me. but someone came forward and claimed responsibility." miss quller said. "who?" blair asked, serena and i. we both shrugged. "for a crime he did not commit. and although i appreciate his self sacrifice, i don't abide to dishonesty. and i think it's time for you too see how serious i am. nathaniel archibald is suspended from st. jude's." miss quller added. i looked at him. "and yes this will go on his transcript. effective immediately. mr. archibald, you know where to find the exit." miss quller said. nate got up and left. "watch him go students. who wants to be next? until one of you comes forward, we'll keep going until every last one of you is out that door." miss quller asked. we got up, left and went to the patio. i saw nate leaving school. "nate." i said. "hey." he replied. "are you okay?" i asked. "yeah, i'll be fine. it's uh.. my parents have so much other stuff going on right now." nate replied. "okay your moving back in. that's that." i replied. "thank you. but they'll get over it. either way it was worth it." nate replied. "worth what?" i asked. "yes, aspen, i know how much your future means to you. i mean you've worked so hard for usc, and everything." nate replied. "what are you talking about?" i asked. "you don't have to lie. i saw the key in your bedroom." nate pointed out. "that key isn't mine. i was just hiding it for someone else. wait, that's why you got suspended?" i questioned. he nodded. "you told the head mistress it was yours because you thought it was mine? that's the most romantic thing anyone has ever done for me." i said. "i love you. why have you been acting so strange?" he questioned. "you love me." i said. "what?" nate asked. "when people get close to me i feel trapped.. and i bail. and then i blame them for it. i'm really sorry. and i love you." i replied. he kissed me. i kissed him.