𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐓𝐖𝐎

As sure as God made black and white, what's done in rhe dark will come to light.

‎ ‎ ‎
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎
⎯ 𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐇𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐞𝐧𝐬 𝐈𝐧 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐃𝐚𝐫𝐤⎯

𝐌𝐚𝐫𝐪𝐮𝐞𝐳 𝐌𝐚𝐧𝐨𝐫
𝐂𝐢𝐜𝐞𝐫𝐨, 𝐂𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐠𝐨

Twenty-two years ago...

The night stood cold as the wind glides gently in the night's air. The trees danced miraculously against the breeze. The night had been gentle after the quiet storm except for the cries of the newborn. She wept with tears of hunger as her mother kept her gently tucked in the nape of her arm.

Keeping a close grip onto her, enough to feel her little breath. This had not been the first time she held her crying babe safe from the unwanted eyes, and hands that would be her babes demise.

Talia Marquez had yet to know that her first-born girl, would be more then just a child. Until the fateful night as the storm began to fall as if heaven fell onto earth.

"Talia amore mio, you should be resting in bed as the doctor said, you just gave birth and it's better to have you somewhere safe especially during this periodic storm."

Her eyes meet with the man she truly called her forever as the frantic look on his face never disappeared. She pushes herself from the chair secluded in the living room, holding her newborn tight. Her two young boys Liam and Matteo age five and one peered behind the wall watching their mother and father.

Darius hand lands lightly on the back of Talia guiding her to the stairs. Keeping her close to him enough for her to lean on him. Before reaching the stairs there was a knock on the door causing an echo to consume the hallway. It had been past midnight and it had not been a regular time for visitors.

Darius slide his hand to his hip walking towards the door motioning for Talia to hide. He places his hand on the knob of the door turning it lightly and pulling the door back ajar.

There stood a figure in the darkned night, his face covered and hard to see as the pitch of night kept him hidden.

"Who the hell are you?"

Darius asked stern with hand quickly on the trigger waiting for his question to be answered by the unknown presence who stood at their door in the middle of midnight.

"I have many names..."

The clicking of the gun pressed against Darius's finger as warning to the man that he had been armed. The slight answer he had given was not what he was looking for and it only angered him. A darkned smirk comes from the man as he finally answers the unknown question.

"..I am the prophet"

_____

Present day