𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

To know your enemy you must first become your enemy.❞
‎ ‎
‎ ‎
‎ ‎ ‎
⎯ 𝐀𝐥𝐰𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐀𝐧 𝐄𝐧𝐞𝐦𝐲⎯

❞‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ⎯ 𝐀𝐥𝐰𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐀𝐧 𝐄𝐧𝐞𝐦𝐲⎯

𝐃𝐀'𝐍𝐎𝐕𝐀 𝐌𝐀𝐑𝐐𝐔𝐄𝐙

𝐌𝐚𝐫𝐪𝐮𝐞𝐳 𝐂𝐚𝐛𝐢𝐧
𝐂𝐢𝐜𝐞𝐫𝐨, 𝐂𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐠𝐨

I could feel the heat penetrating through my skin as the cuts and bruises made to my body began to throb. This wasn't like an ordinary occasion, I had never been so close to death it's self-except for Kyan Chimbino trying to burn me alive.

I had been weak in that moment and I let my enemy see the vulnerability I had hiding deep inside-how could I have been so stupid? He already had an upper hand knowing that I had a weakness. My skills were beginning to become sloppy and if it continued I would soon meet my demise.

My mind slips back to terror-stricking moment as I was tied to the chair, the rope shoved in my mouth keeping me from muttering any words. I was sure that would be the end of me until the basement door was pushed back and there he was.

My enemy.

Thought I was irate by the fact that I wasn't able to send them all to hell, nonetheless I was relieved to see him in the flesh. I still questioned myself on why he had showed in the first place. Death crept quickly towards me and he saved my life and in that moment I felt like I was whole.

As if I had finally knew what it felt like to have another half. There was no way in hell they would have gotten away with Chimbino being here, he would be damned to allow it. Those firey dark eyes spok for themselves. He was more than irate.

He was on the search for blood-those eyes I knew all to familiar.

I hated him and I hated his father and yet we were close enough to feel each other's breathing.l, that feeling of unwanted lust washed over me again as the tingling in my stomach began to flutter.

"Are you hurt Ms Marquez?" His throbbing voice brought me back to the coldness of the air creeping up my skin. I was still confined his arms his heart beat against mine beating in harmony. I couldn't let this feeling over come me.

I was an assassin and love was not one of the things on my list of finding. There was nothing else to say or do in this moment except remove myself from his arms as he gave a concerned straight expression.

"I'm fine, you can leave now you are the heir to the Chimbino's throne it's unsafe for you to be here."

I turn swiftly on my heels not wanting to look him the eyes. This vulnerable feeling was starting to be consecutive with him, I was constantly letting him see my true emotions.