𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓

You must desire the fire to come your flame.❞

‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎

⎯ 𝐅𝐢𝐫𝐞 𝐍' 𝐃𝐞𝐬𝐢𝐫𝐞⎯

𝐃𝐀'𝐍𝐎𝐕𝐀 𝐌𝐀𝐑𝐐𝐔𝐄𝐙

𝐃𝐀'𝐍𝐎𝐕𝐀 𝐌𝐀𝐑𝐐𝐔𝐄𝐙

𝐌𝐚𝐫𝐪𝐮𝐞𝐳, 𝐌𝐚𝐧𝐨𝐫
𝐂𝐢𝐜𝐞𝐫𝐨, 𝐂𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐠𝐨

I was stupid, stupid to think that my father was being at least a little honest about the reasons behind killing Kyan Chimbino.

Though Kyan was my enemy, I had mercy for him, I had no reason to kill him except that my father wanted him dead. In this moment, he felt nothing like an enemy but more as a bad taste on the tongue, a lingering twang of confusion.

In the past, it had been so easy to assassinate anyone who was my father's enemy, but now, to know that my father has secrets, it makes me feel guilty.

I always knew Darius kept his hidden agenda out of the eyes of the people, but I didn't realize I was one of them. Swiftly pushing the doors back of my father's office as he sat at his desk glancing over at the fire as the blaze grew higher.

"Darius, we need to speak." The tone of my voice pulled him from his thoughts as his eyes connected with mine.

"What seems to have you so upset that you tend to welcome yourself into my office unannounced?"

He motioned for me to sit at the seat in front of his desk, but in this moment, I was tired of being told to do things and not have a voice for myself.

"Why have you ordered me to kill Kyan Chimbino when he has nothing to do with the feud between you and Palo?" Darius sat quietly, glancing back into the distance as if he was trying to think of a lie.

Something had come over me something that had never come over me before a rage of anger that had come to me earlier when speaking to my mother. Slamming my hands onto his desk as his attention slowly turned to me.

"Answer me dammit, why the hell have you ordered me to kill Kyan Chimbino?!"

His face expression dull, emotionless. His eyes are careless, ruthless. Why hadn't I seen this before it was as though he had been hiding behind a mask. I knew my father was a ruthless man, but I didn't think he would be so emotionless.

"Do you remember the night you had that bad nightmare, and you made me stay up all night with you until you went to sleep peacefully next to me and your mother?"

"What does this have to do with any of what is happening now?"

Sliding himself away from the desk, pulling out a drawer, and sliding a small paper out, placing it on the desk.