Chapter 2 : Healing

The next morning....

Gregory's POV :

I woke up, rubbed my eyes and Evan wasn't here in bed with me. ' He probably went to work' I thought, and I sat up. I got off the bed, slowly because my body is still in a bit of pain. I walked slowly to the table where the books were. I sat down the table, and I just realized I don't have a shirt on, just bandages on my chest, my back, my right wing and my right arm. But I have a skirt on, I guess. Then I saw my jacket, and I took it, then wore it. I know I am suppose to be in back, but I wanted to read one of the books I found at my old house.

This book is about the Afton family, well about my family after all. I opened the book, there was a lot of information. Welp, I guess I should started reading...

Evan's POV :

" That should be the last one, sir, " said one of my henchmen as they killed the last one. " Good, we should go home now. I don't like when my lover is awake and he's reading without me knowing, " I said with dark tone. " Ok, sir. I guess we should go, " said Gabriel. Gabriel is Gregory's uncle and he is on my team because we were friends since we were kids.

But we were covered all in blood, " We need get all this blood off of us, when get back to base. Understand? " I asked in cold voice and they all nodded. I teleported everyone back to the base and I went to my private rooms. I had a key to enter me and Gregory's room. He probably reading the books without me knowing. I inserted the key and unlocked the door. Then went inside the room.

Gregory's POV :

I was very confused about my family a bit. I saw that my dad was the half-brother of Evan, and my dad had another mother before grandma Primrose. I remembered when Grandma visited us and everything else. Then I heard the door of the bedroom unlocked and I am in serious trouble. Then the door opened and I closed the book right away. I knew Evan was back from his work. I knew he was walking towards me, " Hello darling, what did you do when I was gone? " he asked and I just looked at the window. " I was reading the books, " I admitted and I cannot lie because Ivory had a condition that made her tell the truth. But since I was her, I still had the same condition until this day.

H was walking towards me and I looked at his direction. He was looking at me with his red glowing eyes. He stopped walking once he was in front of me, he grabbed my my left wrist. He pulled out of the chair, and he carried me to the bed. " You need to rest, darling. You are almost healed, please rest, " he said as put me on the bed. He sighed, and he petted my head. Then my tail started to wag and I feel embarrassed by it. He climbed in bed with me and pulled me into a embrace.

Evan laughed a bit and I snuggled his chest, while he petted my head. His dragon tail wrapped around my wolf tail and I felt more embarrassed. " Is my little darling wolf, embarrassed? " he cooed, and I covered my face with my hands. Evan was laughing so more, I felt myself blushing. " I hate you, Evan, " I said to him. " I love you too, Gregory, " he said and I tried to get out of his grip but failed. " You need to rest, Gregory. Then you will be back as the co-leader when you are healed, " he said to me with concern voice.

I mean he is right, again but I wanted to read those books. " But you need to eat first, " he said to me, and I nodded. He let go of me and I got up the bed, then I was about to go to the bathroom. I almost fell, then Evan caught me just in time before I fell to the ground. " I can walk fine, Evan, " i said to him. " Well, it look like you were going to fall, so I help you up, Gregory~ " he purred my name, and I blushed a bit.

I went to the bathroom to brush my teeth and then I went to the table where all the books I found at the old house. I was about to read the same one I was read earlier. Then my breakfast came and I started to eat.

After I finished eating my breakfast, Evan left the room. I was looking out the window, this mafia I worked in is known for killing criminals and other evil mafia. So we work for the government pretty much. But we like to work in secret and we get new mission every few weeks. I am the co-leader of this mafia because I am the fiance of Evan Norman Afton. But my father is the half-brother of my fiance. I never met him or the rest of my family. I wished I did. But my uncle and aunt told me that they were killed. Because they were also a mafia who also work the government and they were ambushed by evil mafia. But before that happened my mother foresee told this and she give me up to my cousin's family.

They really didn't had a choice at all. That was I was told, and I was homeschool most of the time. But I found homeschooling was not a bad thing because I am really shy to people. But I really love reading books and I am the one in the team who know how to make good plans. Because the intelligent I have inherited from my father, Michael Afton. I know that Aftons have a really bad reputation because of my grandfather killed his business's partner's daughter. But he also near killed 5 other kids and two of them were my relative, Cassidy and Gabriel. They both are my uncle, because Cassidy is trans and he preferred to be a boy over a girl. 

I kept looking at the window and they are still not back from the mission. Then I heard a knock on the door and I slowly walk towards it. I unlocked the door and I saw it was aunt Silver. " Hello, aunt Silver do you need something? " I asked in quiet voice. " There is someone who want to talk to you, " she answered and I was in shocked. 

" Bring them in! "