Ch 66

“A gate?”

“You could say that a bridge connecting the Demon Realm has been created. Simply put, a small gap connected the two worlds that should have been separated.”

I was reminded of the explanation I had heard in Len and Van’s space.

This world and the Demon Realm were in completely different directions.

After sending Diego away, I also borrowed a book from the library that states that only demon dukes with immense powers can affect the world in the way merchants trade with humans.

It can’t descend directly without a medium, and even if it could, its power is limited, but it still poses a threat.

“The magic emanating from Ares was dense.”

With his clear golden eyes focused on me, Reyhas said,

“And evil spirits are starting to emerge from the mine and attacking private residences.”

It was an unexpected story. Although monsters become violent and are affected by magic, they are not the same as evil spirits. They’re a little dangerous, but staying on the ground was still fine.

Evil spirits, however, were creatures of the Demon Realm.

As they concentrate on magic, they’re very dangerous to humans.

Even more so because no investigation into the evil spirits was conducted.

“How is the situation?”

Reyhas answered my question with a serious expression,

“A coal mine village with more than two hundred residents has been destroyed.”

“……!”

“Luckily, we were able to retrieve the mine with the help of Ares’ holy knights, and now we’re gathering priests in Artis and Henna near Ares to keep the barrier around the gate in place.”

It was a fortunate story.

“The problem was that our damage was tremendous. Several priests were dragged through the gate.”

But when I heard his next words, I couldn’t help but sigh.

“What happened to them?”

“We still don’t know if they lived or died. The only thing we can do is remember their noble sacrifices.”

“If demons come out, can’t we go in, too? We can enter and save them…”

“It’s impossible.”

Reyhas firmly cut me off.

Right, I knew it was a ridiculous story.

Considering the intense magic Diego Vester exuded, you will only meet a dog’s death if you try to save them.

“…Is the barrier well maintained?”

I asked him, regaining my composure.

“As soon as we arrived, I sent out high-ranking priests. Additionally, the holy knights were reinforced, and the matter was reported to the Crown Prince.”

Reyhas’ eyes darkened.

“Maybe this is just the beginning.”

“The beginning?”

“It’s the first time in history that the Demon Realm has infiltrated in this way.”

It was the Demon Realm that intervened in the human world by passive transactions through human souls, but what will happen next?