Chapter 35

-----

Ciane

"What the freak was that? And who is she?" I glare at the man standing right in front of me, not even appalled by the fact that he has a vulnerable woman in his cells. A woman who looks to be in poor health and very young.

"Her name is Olivia and she's my prisoner." Really?

"Of course she's your prisoner, what the heck did she do? She looks pretty young."

"I can't tell you." He says, his voice sounding too calm.

"Why?" I continue, "Why are you so adamant about not sharing the information with me. I'm sure it must be very bad if you had to isolate her."

"I cannot tell you why! I promised her it'll only be between the two of us." He says, a grim look flushing through his face. She promised Anabelle? Of course he did.

"How long has she been down there?"

He hesitates.

"Five years."

It still manages to shock me.

Five years of isolation? Torture? Pain? Five years not knowing ones family. Not knowing if their family made it or not. How did he even take her? How did he manage it without anyone knowing all this? So while I suffered she did too. While I went through pain and hell, she was also going through it.

"Does the pack know? Does the pack know you have someone down there?"

"No, only a few guards and Jonah recently found out. You are to tell no one of this. You said you wanted me to trust you, showing her to you is me trusting you to keep this a secret."

I already knew though.

"What do you plan on doing with her? You can't keep her hidden forever? Whatever she did must have been too great then." I hint and he only looks away.

Why does he look guilty if he is sure what she did justifies her punishment.  Why does he look conflicted?

"I don't know. I'll eventually have to find a permanent solution to it." He says, no remorse evident in his voice and I gape at him.

"You mean. . .kill her?" I'm too shocked.

"If it is necessary, yes!" He does not hesitate.

"Why does she deserve to die? You not actually explaining to me why she's there is very strange. Unless you have no idea why you put her there." He looks away.

"Why is she there, Exus?" I ask, for the first time using his name. He looks surprised and almost transfixed by it.

"You used my name." He smiles and I don't bother to offer one back. He makes me cringe.

"Yes, why is she in there? What did she do to deserve so much punishment! I saw her back! The scars that litter her back! I saw how thin she is. The limp she had! Tell me why you deserve a second chance! Tell me why I shouldn't just leave after seeing another person in almost the same exact position I was an year ago? What justifies your actions because after what I witnessed I'm actually second guessing my decision to give you a second chance." I state, my eyes staring into his that turn grim as I keep speaking.

"I am so sorry for what I did and I know my apologies will never cover for what I did and I will spend the rest of my life apologizing for everything I did." He doesn't answer my question.

"Olivia hurt my sister! She caused so much suffering to her and I vowed that she would pay for it!" Oh my goddess!

"What did she do, Exus! You are not answering my question! You keep avoiding answering it! What did she do?!" I glare and he lets out a sigh.