👹

- How do you like it Harper? - Sa'ke asked, giving them a mirror to look at themselves. The waterfall braid their friend made, along with petite flowers entangled in it, it made Harper more beautiful than they already were. They shown their thumbs up, showing they're loving it.

Other students passing by them, were looking at Sa'ke with fear, murmuring something about "monsters" and "outcasts". Luckily, he seemed not to hear unpolite comments.

Harper on the other hand were furious about how they called their friend. He was the kindest, best guy they've ever met, he wouldn't hurt a fly and he hated the sight of the blood.

Unfortunately, that teddy bear of him was born into the wrong body, which successfully prevented him from making any friends, except for Harper. A Kaar'ath's body.

Kaar'ath were underground creatures, living away from other races. They not only were known for being the only ones who could manipulate shadow magic, but also for their horrendous appearance.

They were nearly 40 foot tall, they had four arms, each ended with three short, but sharp and crooked claws, bohor reedbuck's horns adorned their heads, they had fiery eyes and sharp teeth, pointy ears and they also had long, bald tail ended with a hairy tuft.

And shadow magic. It was the hardest type of magic to posses, but Kaar'ath learnt to control that perfectly. That's why every other race - even demons - feared them. Luckily, they preferred to stay underground and they didn't surface often.

Except for Sa'ke, who got to Kraessinns, Academy Of Magics, thanks to saving principal from Imps' attack few months ago. Principal noticing that Sa'ke was trustworthy and intelligent, decided to give him a chance to attend the academy. He also saw it as an opportunity to "combat stereotypes" about Kaar'ath race and who knows, maybe call a truce with them in the near future.

Unfortunately, other students didn't share principal's enthusiasm. Because of Kaar'ath's presence, whole school had to be rearranged, so that he could fit everywhere, making some difficulties for other students to reach things and rooms.

The other thing was that Sa'ke was extremely overjoyed and excited 24/7 and so was his tail. It was wagging constantly, pushing smaller students and causing them to fall. He also often scared students accidentally, by stretching, yawning or moving unexpectedly.

To sum things up, he turned academy upside down and students hated him for that. But since he was the one in advantage, they said nothing, out of pure fear of what he would do to them if he found out what they think of him. 

But probably the most surprising thing was that he actually made a friend. Harper - person known for not giving a shit about anything or anyone, they willingly befriend Kaar'ath. Freak stuck to another freak.

***

Naomi along with her group was looking at Sa'ke with hatred. He was getting on her nerves, now that he became teachers' pupil, only because he knew how to use shadow magic. She intended on changing everything back to how it has been since always - with her being the best student. But for now, she had to show him that he's not welcome here.

Seraph ruffled her wings, lowering them in fear and then, having put on the most petrified face she could make, shouted:

- Everybody run! - she pointed at Sa'ke - There's a monster!

All students listened to her as if they were in a trance. They began to scream, run away from the two and formed something like stampede, trying to get as far from Kaar'ath as possible.

Sa'ke's ears dropped, his breath quickened and his tail stopped to wag for the first time, being now tucked in between his legs.

Pissed off Harper gave a death stare to smirking Naomi and her band of monkeys. They were lucky that Harper attended self-control classes, otherwise they would take them down.

- It's alright, don't listen to-

- Ahhh! A monster?!! Where?!! - Sa'ke was frantically looking around, trying to find the beast they cried about.

Harper, Naomi and her group were looking at giant in disbelief and confusion. How come he was so oblivious?

- Harper! We need to get out of here! - having said that, Kaar'ath took his friend under his arm and dashed through corridor, meanwhile picking up slower students, helping them to run away from monster.

- It's okay, it won't get to us - he calmed down students he was holding, unaware of the fear he was reigning upon them.

After a short while, they reached main entrance and left building through it. Sa'ke was looking around, finding the best place to hide. His gaze rested on a roof. He took a run-up and having bounced off the ground, landed on it. Then, he gently set students on the roof, asking worryingly if they're alright.

- What's the meaning of this?! - familiar voice asked.

- Mr. Principal! - Sa'ke ordered Harper to make sure everyone was alright, then he hopped onto the ground, shaking it a little. He ran up to man and explained:

- Somebody raised the alarm about a monster in our academy, so everybody evacuated and I helped slower students out, so that monster won't get them!

Confused principal looked around. Every student was petrified, but it seemed that their fright was caused by Kaar'ath - they were getting away from him, hiding in bushes or on the trees.

Soon, Harper appeared by their side.

- Sa'ke, I think you should get those students down. It seems that they have fear of heights - they said.

- Oh no! - in a blink of an eye, Kaar'ath was by the building, getting students down, apologizing to them for being so stupid.

- Do you know what happened? - principal asked Harper.

- That's why I sent Sa'ke away. Naomi and her friends caused a panic, telling everyone to run away from him, because he's a "monster" to them. Sa'ke also heard that, but didn't figure out it was about him and also joined other students in panicking - they explained.

- Thank you. It's good that Sa'ke didn't know it was about him, it would only worsen his already bad situation - principal patted Harvey's shoulder - Go to your friend, I'm going to draw consequences from Naomi's and her friends' irresponsible behavior - he promised.

Harvey nodded and went back to their friend, who was now wondering where everyone had gone.

Principal sighed quietly and wondered if recruiting a Kaar'ath was such a good idea as he had imagined it before. Many hated him and it was only matter of time before he gets it. And then, who knows what's going to happen?