🍼

- You want me to do what?! Are you crazy?! Are you out of your mind?! - Rico shouted at man standing on his lap. Human didn't even move.

- I just want you to take care of Shaden's son while I'll be meeting with him and negotiating ransom - Connal replied calmly.

- Why do I have to watch over the brat? You know I have a short temper, I'll squish him the second he starts talking to me! I want to negotiate with mr. Goody Two Shoes - giant said. Connal raised his eyebrow.

- Okay, now you really went off. In public opinion you might be a cruel supervillain with stone heart, but we know that you're a big softie, who wouldn't hurt bats nesting in your hair, let alone a little child - he said, causing giant to redden in embarrassment.

- Plus, we want to be discreet, meaning no journalists and interviewers. And with you it wouldn't be possible - villain added.

- Still, why do I have to be responsible for the kid?! Why don't you give him to girls? - giant asked.

- They're busy with something else. You're the only who is free for now, so stop whining and deal with it! - Connal said.

- You have no power over me! You won't order me what to do! - Rico snapped.

Supervillain just looked at the giant, his eyes turned into grey smoke which was slowly floating up to giant's nostrils. Rico raised his hands in defeat and said:

- Okay, okay! I'll take care of the kid!

Connal came back to normal and smirked at the colossus.

- Very well. I'm going to bring him, don't even think about leaving - villain said and having hopped off of giant's lap, left the room.

"Great" giant thought grumpily and fiddled with basketball, to slightly calm his nerves.

***

Rico was playing with his basketball, when he heard voice coming from the floor:

- And this is Enforcer. He's going to take care of you while I'm gone. Be obedient and nice to him, okay? And if he's mean, you'll tell me about it - Connal said to kid he was holding hands with.

- Okay! - kid replied and let go of villain's hand, walking up to enormous boot.

Rico looked at superhero's son. He was about 6 years old, had auburn curly hair and silver, shiny eyes. He was his dad's spitting image. That fact made giant feeling a little uneasy.

- Have fun! - Connal said and left.

Rico looked again at the small boy standing next to his foot. Kid was looking at giant in awe, with his jaw being slightly dropped.

- What are you staring at? - giant asked rudely.

- You're so big! - boy exclaimed.

- You don't say - Rico replied grumpily.

- Do you think I will grow as big as you? - kid asked.

- Have you fallen into a pit filled with toxic waste of unknown origin yet? - giant asked instead of giving an answer. Boy cocked his head in puzzlement.

- No? - he answered.

- Then it rather won't happen - Rico said.