🦁

For nitthewit, as a little expression of appreciation for their hard and great work. If you haven't read their g/t books, I highly recommend you to.

He came home late again. He was tagging along with those rascals all night, completely ignoring his father's ban.

He went to house through the back door, hoping his dad was long asleep. He flicked on the light and froze, hearing a raspy "ahem" from behind his back. He whipped his head and faced his father: not tall, stocky man in his forties, with grey eyes and curly, short, black hair, wearing white sweatshirt, sweatpants and slippers.

- Why didn't you listen to me and went out Hunter?  - man asked in angry voice. Teen groaned.

- I'm almost eighteen dad, I can do whatever I want! - he said. Man shook his head.

- As long as you're under my care, you have to be obedient to me - he growled.

- But it's not fair! My friends' parents are loosened up and let them do whatever they want! And you? You're always forbidding me from doing fun stuff and ordering to do boring things! I had enough! - teen replied.

- I'm doing this to protect you. I used to have similar group of friends and before I knew it, I became addicted to drugs. I don't want you to go through the hell I did - man said firmly.

- Well, you're clearly underestimating me! I'm not a fool like you! You're lame, why can't you be more like the other parents?! - Hunter cried. He backed away, as the slap his father had laid was pretty strong. Teen looked at his father as if he was some kind of a monster. Man was surprised too, he never intended on going so far.

- Hunter, I...

- I hate you! - harsh words rang in man's ears, he flinched, hearing a loud slam.

***

Paul woke up early in the morning again. That fateful event was coming back to haunt his mind ever since his only son disappeared.

Of course, he reported his son's missing, but police wasn't helpful at all, since they assumed that if he was almost an adult, he had probably moved out.

Man knew he won't fall asleep again, so he got up and went to the bathroom to clean himself up. After that, he turned his footsteps towards the kitchen and having made a breakfast, sat down at the table. Whole house was disturbingly quiet, things never were the same since Hunter disappeared.

Not being really hungry, man pulled out his phone and looked at his calendar. Oh, so he wasn't wrong. Today he starts his new job as a zookeeper in the Toronto Zoo.

He was making enough money for himself, but he decided to take second job, to ease the overwhelming feeling of loneliness. He has always liked animals, maybe they'll become a cure for his solitude.

He blinked his eyes few times, the rays of dawning sun were blinding him. Well, it was high time to start his first day.

He left the table, got dressed and left his house. Having locked the doors, he got to his car and started it. Then, he got on the road and headed towards the zoo.

***

- Hi, I'm Keira and I'll be the one to give you tours and tell you little about our little ones! - young, energetic woman said.