💔

(Follow-up to 👕)

Things began to change after the fateful doctor's appointment. Boaz, who used to be an outgoing, very social and extraverted child, didn't want to go out anymore, not even to preschool he dearly liked.

It was clear that he was ashamed of his height. He had to heard lot of impolite comments, how much of a "freak" he was and how he was a burden to his mom - he ate much more than a grown-up and already had to go to tailor and shoemaker, for there were no clothes which could fit him anymore.

Even his peers were bullying him for that. He once came from preschool in tears, as one kid drew a caricature of him and signed it "Boazilla".

He also was growing worried of his new strength, after he kicked his football far away from house and broke few things, holding them with too much pressure. Cassie had to teach him how to be gentle, before it becomes a serious problem in the future.

But she couldn't stand seeing her son becoming a mere shadow of who he used to be. So she took matters into her own hands.

She began to encourage him to go outside, as inhabitants of Festerfall had to get used to his presence, to avoid any misunderstandings. She taught him that "stick and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me" and that he should only care for opinion of the people he loves.

It kinda cheered him up, he slowly started going out with his mom more. Thanks to it, Cassie could show him that his height wasn't only a nuisance - he reached highest shelves effortlessly, which made him feel helpful and useful.

Everything was going in the right direction. For now...

***

- I'll come to pick you up at 1 p.m. as always - Cassie said, helping Boaz getting undressed.

- Okay - boy said and as he was getting ready to go to his friends, his mom grabbed him by arm and said:

- Remember honey, don't be ashamed of your uniqueness. I love you.

- I love you too Ma - giant kid replied and gave his mom a gentle hug. He then ran off to his four friends, as usual.

- Hi Bo! - Cody greeted boy.

- Hi guys! What are you doing? - he asked, approaching them.

- We're building the tallest tower! Want to join us? - Sarah asked.

- Sure! - Boaz replied and got to work.

Cody, Jason, Sarah and Abby were his friends, who still wanted to play with him. In their opinion, having a giant friend was a great thing! Think of the all piggy back rides and playing airplane! And building tall castles and towers from blocks, like they were doing it now.

Everything was going fine, until that annoying voice said:

- Hi Boazilla!

Giant boy flinched and begrudgingly turned around. Of course it had to be Liz. She was the daughter of that mean woman, who liked to tease his mom. Liz was the same, but to Boaz.

- Leave him alone! - Jason shouted.

- I still don't get it, why are sticking with him? He's a giant, he'll eat you one day! - she haunted them.

- How would he do it, if he's a vegetarian? Go and don't bother us anymore! - Sarah growled.

Liz was pissed that she didn't bring that huge crybaby to tears. But then she yelled, hoping it caught his attention: