🚍

- Uh-oh, someone is pretty mad - Connal chuckled, looking up at Rico.

- Aren't you? Golden stars stickers for good deeds, what a great bargaining chip! What do they think we are, preschoolers? - giant mumbled, smirking at the sight of people scattering away from them.

- Is that bothering you? Don't you get it? Since we're one of the students, we can get more information about heroes' hypocrisy and how they're abusing their powers for their own needs - Connal said.

- I know you're on the cloud nine, since it was your dream, but I don't need their pity now, they can cram Villain Rehab up their as-! - giant's hand involuntarily covered his mouth. Soon, girl wearing dark purple hoodie appeared on giant's shoulder, letting him to take back control over his hand.

- You shouldn't be swearing in front of the kids. What example are you giving them? - she chuckled.

- I'm one of the most fearsome villains here. I kidnapped people, I stole many things, I caused massive property damages and you're scolding me for swearing? Wow, the rehab really starts working on you - Rico smirked.

- I've always been the kindest of us you know - she joked.

- Of course! Especially that time when you destroyed all my basketballs and caused me to go to city to steal a new stash! Oh, speaking of the basketballs, I could use new ones... - giant said and looked down at the basketball store. Person working there, seeing giant's gaze, gulped and turned the sign to "closed". As if that would stop giant from taking few balls.

- Ouch! - Rico cried, feeling a sharp pain in his ankle. He looked down at Cora - mute villain with the power to cause pain in any part of a body. Cora shook her head disapprovingly.

- What? It wasn't like I actually wanted to rob that shop - giant argued - Plus, they wouldn't go poor if I took one or two - he added. Villain signed.

- Cora is right. We have to be good, otherwise they'll send us to jail for sure - Connal said.

- Actually, I would prefer that. At least I wouldn't have to look at the new generation of these motherf-, I mean heroes - he corrected himself, seeing cold stare Nora gave him.

- Well, if you were in jail, who would help us to open up their eyes? I'm sure they're not corrupted yet - girl replied, leaning against giant's neck.

Rico was about to say something, when few police cars, fire trucks and ambulances dashed past his legs.

Giant followed vehicles with his eyes and saw that they were stopping at the bridge. Few heroes got there too.

- Accident? - Nora asked.

- Seems so - giant replied.

- What? I can't see anything - Connal said, standing on his toes.

Rico bent down and took Connal and Cora in his hands. After that, he straightened up, letting his friends see the whole scene.

- Let's go closer please - Nora asked giant. He obeyed and they approached the commotion at the bridge.

As soon as they appeared, people started to whisper, getting out of villains' way.

They noticed a breach in the bridge's frame. Thanks to his height, Rico saw an urban bus sinking in the river.

- Yeah, I know what happened - giant claimed.

- Do you mind telling us? - Connal asked.

- An urban bus fell into the river and now they're sinking - he replied.

- What?! Put us on the ground, now! - Connal demand. Giant complied and put his friends down. Connal barely touched the ground, he dashed to heroes and confronted them:

- What is the meaning of this?!

- Well, if it isn't a Nightmare Plague. What brings you here? - Shaden asked.

- Why are you standing there like idiots instead of helping those people?! - Connal snarled.

- Do you seriously expect us to just jump there and fish out the bus? We need a plan, we can't get hurt. Who would be saving town then? - man smirked.

- Before your little brains come up with a plan, passengers will die either from suffocation or from being crushed by pressure of the water! - teen replied. Hero didn't like that tone.

- How did you call us?! - he gnarled.

Rico watched as they were arguing, growing more and more pissed. He understood Connal's anger, but villain wasn't better - he could've done something more than arguing with that hypocrite.

- For f*ck's sake! - Rico cursed and decided to take matters into his own hands.

He shooed the bats nesting in his hair away. They landed on the nearest cables of the bridge. He then roared to onlookers and heroes:

- Move suckers!

Taken aback by thundering voice, everyone stepped aside, making a lot of room for the giant. Rico walked up to the bridge's edge and dived into the water.

Villain's rushed to the edge and looked down, but giant was nowhere to be seen.

"You know that Rico can't swim, right?" Cora signed.

- What?! Then why did he do that?! - Connal roared, being frustrated that he can't help his big friend.

- I would help him, but because he's so huge I can only posses only a part of his body - Nora groaned, looking at the water.

They saw few helicopters soaring above the water, reporters were narrating about the accident.

Onlookers were watching the river intensively, curious how it'll end. Nora was quietly praying in swedish, Cora was petting the bats, which for some reason landed on her, Connal was staring at the bubbles, hoping that it meant that giant was still alive.

His heart stopped beating for a while, when bubbles disappeared. "No, no, no!" Connal was thinking over and over, it was ringing in his ears.

Suddenly, a bus was shoved onto the bridge, being pushed by gigantic hand. Lightly crushed, but everyone inside seemed fine.

Finally whole Rico's body came out of the water. Giant was visibly exhausted and a little scared. He shook the water off and coughed it out. Then, he collapsed, causing many people to lose their balance.

He was yet conscious for a little while - he saw how bats came back to his hair, how his friends were frantically talking to him, how people were cheering and how paramedics were tucking a large net under his body. Then, all sounds merged into one and everything went black.

***

Villains were looking at Rico's "calendar of good deeds". There was one golden star sticker glued to today's date, along with a newspaper which said: "First Villain Rehab success!".

Rico left the nurse's office and moaned, seeing how his friends were staring at his "calendar of good deeds".

- It seems like someone gained his first golden star sticker~ - Nora said in singing voice, teasing giant.

- Oh, shut up - giant mumbled.