💎

- I'll be back with the jewelry I think you might like soon - jeweler Sean said and went to the second room.

His best customer - lady Katie - wasn't listening to him, absorbed in watching the news in the TV hanging on the wall in the store.

They were talking about theft which happened on exchange of gemstones and jewelry last night. So many precious gems got stolen and the worst thing was that no one really could tell how did that happen. Surveillance footage shown only the moment they were lifted up by someone invisible and then they disappeared.

Police was hopeless, as thief didn't leave any trails and didn't even trigger the alarm.

That thief was known in the town and became a legend. Townspeople were calling him a "Sapphire ghost" since he was stealing only gemstones and was invisible.

There was a high reward for helping with catching the thief, but how to catch a ghost?

Katie's thoughts were interrupted by Sean's voice:

- Here, look at these!

She turned around and walked up to the counter, where miniature jewelry was exhibited.

That's why Sean's jewelry store was so well-known. He was the only goldsmith who was making jewelry for dolls from real gold, silver and gemstones. It was a real treat for rich people, who could hide their wealth in form of tiny jewelry. What thief would check if doll's jewelry is real and not just plastic?

She smiled and looked at the jeweler.

- They're beautiful as always. I often wonder where did you get all those gemstones. They're flawless and perfect. They're must be expensive, how do you manage to afford them? - she asked.

- Oh, pardon me! Are you insinuating that I'm too poor to buy the best gemstones in the world? - he scoffed, pretending to be hurt.

- No, no! I'm aware that your store is a success on a huge scale, but how do you find time to find and buy them? You're the only worker here and I've never seen you picking up any delivery - Katie said.

- A true professionalist never tells his secret - Sean replied shortly and pointed at the jewelry.

- Have you already found something you would like to purchase? - he asked. Katie hummed. Everything here was stunning, yet she didn't find anything she hoped for.

Her gaze rested on goldsmith's craft bench, where small necklace with onyx was laying. Her eyes glistened - that was exactly what she was looking for!

- Can I see that necklace you have on your bench? - she asked. Sean looked at the mentioned necklace and frowned.

- I'm sorry, it's reserved for someone special, besides it's not done yet - he said.

- But I can pay more than that person and I'm patient, I'll wait until it's ready - Katie tried to persuade jeweler.

- This isn't about money lady Katie. As I said, this is being made for someone very close to my heart. There's nothing in the world for which I could exchange it - man said firmly.

- I see... - woman sad, visibly unhappy - But I respect that you won't change your mind. The person you're making it for, they must be really lucky to have you - she added.

- I'm the lucky one here. She's the most incredible woman I've ever met. If it wasn't for her, my store wouldn't be much of a success as it is now - he said. Katie hummed in understanding.

- In that case, I'll take this one - she pointed at miniature necklace with rhinestone.

- Excellent choice ma'am - jeweler praised Katie and packed it in a box.
Woman paid and having said her goodbyes, left the store.

***

Sean was proud of himself that he managed to finish the necklace during the time he didn't have customers. His sweetheart will be contented tonight.

He waited impatiently until the last customer left his store. He quickly dashed to the door and changed sign "open" to "closed".

After that, he cleaned the store, arranged the exhibition, set up the alarm, turned off the lights. Then, he finally could go to his love.

He didn't have to go far though. In the backroom there was the door, which led to his little flat, where she was awaiting.

She opened the door and immediately spotted her. She was standing on the dressing table, trying out various outfits, looking at herself in the huge mirror.

Julia felt light tremors, she looked at the mirror and saw Sean's reflection in it. She turned around and reached out her hand. Man gently took it in his hand and placed a small kiss on it.

- My flawless and the most precious diamond - he whispered.

- No need for the sweet talk love. Better tell me how was work? - she asked.

- As usual. Lady Katie came to purchase something, then I had few customers. Nothing much. But now I need you to close your eyes - he said. Julia obeyed and covered her eyes with her hands.

- Okay, now you can look - Sean said. Julia uncovered her eyes and gasped when she saw an undescribably beautiful golden necklace with onyx.

- May I have the honor to fasten it? - man asked. Woman turned around and lifted up her braid.

- You don't need to pamper me so much dear - she said, but Sean could see little sparks in her eyes as she was looking at her new necklace.

- You deserve all of the gemstones in the world. Without you I would be nobody - he said, giving her a gentle peck on her neck.

- They're talking about me again, aren't they? - she asked.

- Yes, "Sapphire ghost" is number one topic in the news now - he replied.

It was a coincidence. One night man got a feeling that he should go to the store. He caught Julia, who was trying out rings as arm bracelets. Borrower was petrified that she'll be killed, but man was impressed by her stealthy skills. They made a deal: man promised he'll be providing her with whatever she desires, she was in charge of stealing precious gemstones during various events.

But as the time passed, their partnership became something more. They developed feelings for each other and soon Sean proposed to her with tiny ring he made by himself. And that's how also he got an idea to create real jewelry for dolls. The trademark of his store.

- You know, I heard that there will be an exhibition of rare emeralds next week - Julia said unexpectedly, hugging her fiancé's nose. Man smiled slyly.

- Well, it seems that we'll have a little trip next week - he replied and having gently lifted her up, went with her to their bed.