👮

Requested by: GT_Dayton

- I don't like this dad - Jackie murmuring, craning her neck to see the gigantic door in front of her.

- Do you want anything to put in our pots? - Jack asked her. She nodded.

- Then quit whining and keep watch! - man ordered, he himself entered the house through the pet door.

Girl sighed and sat down on the stair, picking up grass blades and tearing them apart.

Soon, everything around her darkened, which was weird as it wasn't evening yet. She looked up and saw giant cop looking down at her.

She shrank back slightly. She knew she should distract the cop, so that he won't learn about daddy stealing from other giants, but she couldn't move, she was frozen in fear.

Cop smiled at her softly and gently crouched down.

- Hi there little one, I'm officer Brad Thorn. Where are your parents? And what are you doing in the giants' zone? - he asked. Jackie kept silent, hoping that her dad had already stole enough money to survive for few months.

- Not much of a talker, eh? How about this: I'll take you to the police station and we'll try to contact your parents, how does that sound? - cop asked, reaching his hand to retrieve girl. Jackie scrambled back, but soon she felt wall behind her - there was no escape.

She cowered and put her hands on her head, when she heard her dad:

- Jackie! Let's go-!

Man gasped, seeing gigantic man reaching for his daughter. Cop locked his eyes in Jack, his eyes widened, recognizing him.

- Jack Kane, the giant murderer! - he shouted and pulled out his gun. Man quickly took out a pepper gas and sprayed it into giant's eyes. Cop cried in pain and began to rub his eyes furiously. Jack wasted no time and fled.

Jackie was confused. She knew that her dad hated giants, but he wouldn't go so far as to kill them, would he?

She snapped out from her thinking when she saw her dad running away. He might be a murderer, but he was still her dad.

- Dad, wait for me! - she cried out and followed her father. Cop was drumming up reinforcements.

As they were running, the air was filled in red and blue lights as well as with siren call.

Jack was getting annoyed over and over again, as his daughter couldn't keep up his pace.

- Move faster idiot or we'll get caught! - he yelled at her.

- I'm trying, but my legs hurt! - she whined.

- If you don't keep up, I'll just leave you behind! - man threatened.

Hearing this, Jackie mustered a bit of energy and hurried.

They barely managed to get out of the giants' zone. Now, they only had to get to their house and they'll be safe.

***

- You moron! See what have you done?! - Jack snarled, pointing at the wanted posters hanging on the wall dividing giants' and humans' zones.

- But dad, I've apologized! - Jackie cried, as her father was pulling her hair.

- And what about it?! How does it stop them from searching for us?! - he roared and threw her on the ground. Girl sobbed, for it was painful.