🥛

"Maxim Parker to the director's office" voice rang in the dairy factory.

Called worker turned his footsteps towards the office, rejoicing that maybe he finally get a raise. He worked really hard for the last year, he went to work practically everyday, he didn't take a medical leave of absence, not even once.

He gently knocked on the door. When he heard a firmly "Come in!", he entered the room.

Man wearing a black suit, sitting on the chair smiled at the sight of Maxim.

- Please, take a sit - he said.

Worker took a chair and sat in front of director's desk.

- Maxim Parker. I've noticed that you were working very hard and with full commitment. Workers like you are very rare this days, that's why I decided to reward you - man said. Maxim couldn't help, but smile.

- Thank you sir! - he replied.

- I'm sure you know that people living in the certain east town have serious problem with protein deficiency, due to lack of dairy cattle. That's why I built a small factory and dairy shop there. I've already hired few employees, but I want you to be a manager there! - director said, expecting a loud and excited "Really? Thank you!".

But he was given an unsure face expression.

- Can I ask in which town exactly? - Maxim asked.

- Falkirk, why are you asking? - boss was confused, seeing how his worker paled.

- The town of petits géants? Those crass, obnoxious, 18 foot tall louts? - Maxim felt betrayed. His boss frowned.

- These are just harmful gossips. The young and dymanic team you'll be managing, its members are really kind, helpful and gentle. You have nothing to worry about - he said.

- Couldn't you find someone from their town to manage? - Maxim asked.

- I prefer to delegate the task to someone I know I can trust. And you're the perfect candidate - director replied.

- Actually, I think I'm too irresponsible for taking such task. You better send Gavin or Olaf there - worker said, hoping he'll get away with moving into that awful place.

- Nonsense! As I said before, you're an exemplary worker and you deserve that position - director replied.

- But I don't want to go there! Not with those dangerous people! - Maxim blurted out. His boss's face softened.

- So that's why you're acting like this? You're scared of Falkirk inhabitants? - he asked. Ashamed man nodded.

- Well, I would say that's mean and rude, but you have to find out the truth on your own. Here's a deal: If they turn out to be like you imagine them, you'll come back here and I will send someone else - director suggested.

- So... Just a quick call if something goes wrong and I will come back? - Maxim made sure.

- Yes. But give them at least a week. You'll see, the stereotypes about them are just a bunch of lies - man replied.

- Okay, I guess I can do that... - worker said. They both stood up and shook their hands.

- Perfect! You'll get a new company car in a three days and be off to new work - boss said.

- Thank you. I'll be going now - Maxim said and left the office.

News spread like fire and worker had to listen to comments for all day:

- I guess it doesn't pay off for being the best worker, if boss will send him to monsters.

- I wonder what will finish him off first: petits géants or unbelievably low temperature?