😨

Boaz woke up on the Festerfall main square. He didn't know how he had got there, but it didn't worried him the most. Whole town was disturbingly quiet and absorbed by dense fog.

He stood up and began to walk back to his house. He noticed that many buildings were crumbled into dust, cars were crushed like metal cans and roads were full of holes and cracks. It looked like from a post apocalyptic movies.

Suddenly, he noticed small figure rushing at him. He smiled, recognizing his good friend Cody.

- Cody! Oh, it's so good to see familiar face! Can you tell me where is everyone? - he asked. Teen ignored him and ran through his leg, as if it never was there. Giant got confused.

Soon, Boaz noticed more people running through his body. It was like he was a ghost. Townspeople were panicking, it seemed that they were escaping something dangerous.

Suddenly, he heard a sound of falling building and perked his head up. His pupils contracted in fear, he covered his mouth with both of his hands and let out a small:

- No...

Because the dangerous monster, from who people were running away, turned out to be Boaz himself. This version of him was practically identical, except for the facts that he had this inhuman look on his face and that he was real, unlike ghostly giant.

- Stop this madness! - he shouted at the evil giant. Second Boaz noticed the ghost and smiled creepily.

- What? Don't you like that I'm showing you what you're capable of? - he asked and crushed another car with his foot.

- No! I'm nothing like you! - Boaz denied.

- Yet, my friend, yet - second Boaz said - But you know deep down that you can't escape your destiny - he added.

- I would never hurt those innocent people! - giant shouted.

- Innocent? They hate you and make sure you suffer every single day, they wish ill of you, because of them you had few suicidal attempts. And you're still taking their side?! - evil clone snarled.

- They have the full right to! I'm a freak and I know I look intimidating, I would probably do the same if I were them! - Boaz reasoned.

- They've known you for sixteen years, yet they're still hurting you, even though they know you wouldn't hurt a fly! But you're right - you are intimidating, no wonder your mother and friends stick with you - second giant said.

- What are you insinuating? - Boaz asked.

- They don't love you, they're just respecting you out of pure fear - doppelganger said, smirking.

- You're lying! - giant shouted in cracked voice.

- See? You have doubts about it too. They're sharing the same opinion about you with other townspeople, but won't tell it in your face, because they're scared of what you could do to them if you had found out - evil Boaz said.

- No... No! It's not true! Go away! - sensitive giant cried out.

A small person was running by clone's foot, when he snatched them and brought them to his face, squeezing them tight in his fist. Boaz froze, seeing it was his mom.

- You know what Boaz? Why don't we make sure? - doppelganger said and having snarled at small woman, roared:

- Tell me honestly "mom", have you ever truly loved me, even for a second?!

Tears stained woman's eyes and she whispered:

- No. How could I ever love a monster like you? I only kept you for money, local authorities paid generous benefits for keeping you alive.

Hearing this, Boaz's heart stopped beating for a little while. So that's what he has been to her for all this time? A source of money?

- See? I was right! - clone boasted. He then lifted woman closer to his lips.

- Since you were so honest, your death will be quick and painless - having said that, doppelganger bit her head off and then spat it out.

- NOO!! - Boaz shouted in horror at the sight of this gore scene and then everything began to disappear.

Giant jolted up, wide awake. He looked around, he was in his room, laying in his makeshift bed. All of these horrible events, it was just a nightmare.

***

Cassie woke up to a loud "NOO!!" coming from Boaz's bedroom. She quickly got out of her bed, wore a bathrobe and slippers and ran out of her bedroom, heading to front door.

She left the house and padded to austere building standing next to her home. She entered it through human-sized door.

The sight of her adopted son, who was trembling, crying and hiding his head in his hands, it made her heartbroken.

- Bo? Did you have a bad dream? - she called out to her son. Giant looked at her with tearstained eyes, horror was painted on his face. Whatever he had dreamt of, it must have been frightening.

- Aww baby! You don't need to be afraid anymore, mommy is here - Cassie said and walked up to him, with opened arms, to give him a hug.

***

Boaz was looking in horror how his mom was getting closer to him. He was relieved that she was safe and sound, but on the other hand he couldn't get the gore picture out of his mind.

- Stay away, please! - he whined, scrambling away from her. Woman got visibly confused.

- Bo? I don't understand, I just want to comfort you - she replied.

- I don't need comfort! You have to stay away! - his voice became demanding.

- What has gotten into you? Is it connected with the nightmare you had? - she asked.

- If I told you, you would never look at me the same way - giant murmured.

- That's not true! You're my only son, I'll never see you as monster others do - she assured him.

- I won't tell you and don't even try to make me change my mind - teen hissed through gritted teeth, sounding angrily this time.

- Bo, my baby, I'm your mother, you can tell me every-

- You are not my mother! - furious giant blurted out. He immediately covered his mouth with his hands, seeing how his adoptive mom was turning pale.

- N-no mom... I didn't mean to snap like that - Boaz stuttered, full of regret. Cassie smiled painfully at him, tears were running down her cheeks.

- No, you're right. I guess I'm not your mother. And I won't bother you anymore - having said that, she quickly left giant's room.

Giant hit his fist in the wall. Now he took it way too far, even though he just wanted to protect her. Will she ever forgive him that heartbreaking outburst?