🦠 (2)

- Mommy! - Mia shouted and rushed to woman waiting for her in the front of preschool building.

- Hi sweetheart! Did you have fun today? - Zeta asked, giving her daughter a kiss on her forehead. Little girl proudly shown off a colorful piece of paper.

- I made a card for daddy, since it's a Father's Day soon! - she sighed quietly - I hope he'll make it home to Father's Day - she murmured. Zeta hugged her tightly.

- I know... But when I visited him last time, he was feeling better, so there's a chance he'll be healthy soon - she cheered up her child. She then took Mia's hand and began to walk down the street. Suddenly, she heard a loud honking. She turned around and saw Calixte leaning out of his car's window.

- Uncle Calixte! - little girl happily rushed to man who was getting out of the car.

- Hi there little one - man greeted Mia and gave her a fist bump.

- What are you doing here? - surprised Zeta asked.

- We found the cure! - man exclaimed excitedly - And it's all thanks to you - he added.

- I don't understand - she replied confused.

- When Adrien saw you, oxytocin, vasopressin and endorphins - or hormones of love, as I like to call them - were abundantly released from his gland. They boosted Adrien's immune system to produce specific antibodies which neutralized virus effects. Love is the cure! - he explained.

- Really? It sounds like a moral from a fairytale, but that's wonderful news anyway! - she said and hugged man.

- Yep! That's why I'm here. I want to ask if you can drive to facility with me. We'll let you interact with Adrien, to see if physical contact can speed up his recovery - he said.

- Okay, just let me walk Mia to home...

- Actually, I think it'll be better if she comes with us. With her presence, our experiment will have higher chances of succeeding - man added.

- Hooray! - little girl said.

- But you know in what state he is. I want Mia to remember her father as a protective and kind giant, not a brute he has become - Zeta whispered.

- I can assure you, we have everything under control. He stopped being aggressive after we gave him high dose of hormones. Besides, we know what to do if he attacks - Calixte replied quietly.

Zeta bit her down lip and looked at her daughter. Mia was radiating with excitement that she gets to see her dad after such a long time.

- Can you promise me we're gonna be safe? - she asked.

- I give you my word you both will be safe and sound - man said.

- Fine let's do this - Zeta replied.

Calixte invited them to his car and when they settled comfortably, he drove to the facility.

***

- So, how is he now? - Zeta asked, watching as her daughter was chatting with another doctor about her dad.

- He's a lot calmer now. He doesn't need to wear straitjacket anymore. He can speak small sentences, but because of brain damage his movements are a little uncoordinated. That's why when he's going to hold or hug you, he might do it too tight. But don't panic then! Just tell him to loosen his grip a little - Calixte instructed.

- Got it! - woman replied. Mia rushed to het mom and hugged her tenderly.

- Isn't it amazing mommy? We can visit daddy! But don't get mad when he hugs you too hard or when he'll be uttering, it's part of his sickness - little girl said.