🗿

- It's so kind of you to adopt one of the Peculiars! These poor kids had experienced unbearable pain, it will be a relief that they'll get the second chance - houseparent said to Kevin and Robin.

- As soon as we heard that there is such opportunity, we had no doubts it's the right thing to do - smaller man with wild dark hair and chocolate eyes replied.

- Yep! Since we can't adopt other kids, we thought of giving a home for a Peculiar, since we too are often called freaks - guy with blonde curls and light green eyes added.

- Alright! Here is our flock! - houseparent said and opened double door leading to a large playroom.

There were many kids playing there, looking very unusual. There was a boy with large bat-like wings, girl with vines instead of hair, kids with telekinesis power and much more. Nevertheless, they all were adorable.

Children were curious about the couple and asked them multiple questions. They also invited grown-ups to play with them and men had the opportunity to get to know them better.

- Aww! If I could, I would take all of them to our house! I can't decide! - Robin whined to his husband.

- You know, we don't have to decide right now. We can come here in our free time and then find the one - Kevin replied, letting one little girl play with his hair.

- I think it's a good idea - man replied and stood up - Now excuse me, I need to go to the toilet - he added and left the playroom. Kevin's gaze followed his lover and he slightly shook his head - that loveable dork...

***

Robin left the toilet and was about to go back to his husband and kids, when he noticed that the corridor on the left was slightly worrying. It was barely lit and it seemed like the further away, the bigger it was getting.

Intrigued man followed the corridor to the end, where to his eyes appeared gigantic metal door with smaller one placed next to them. On the bigger door there was a plate with blurry word starting with "B". Normal door was half-open.

Robin's curiosity has been piqued and he entered the room. It looked dingy, the wallpaper was falling off, there was a mold on the ceiling, the air was filled with unpleasant odour.

He suddenly hit in something. He gasped, seeing it was human-shaped.

- I'm sorry! I didn't mean to bump into you like that! - he apologized. But when he didn't get any answer, he looked at the "human" and saw that it was in fact an incredibly realistic sculpture. It was a magician pulling a bunny out of a hat. Everything was precisely detailed, Robin could count every single strand in sculpture's hair, and its clothes? It looked like it was turned into stone, every ripple was so realistic, it was hard to believe it was just a sculpture.

But there was more sculptures. Almost every was circus themed - there were sculptures of clowns, acrobats, magicians, ring masters and of course, animals. There weren't only made of stone, few of them were wooden and painted.

Robin was strolling among them, praising their beauty and mimesis, until he heard repetitive hammering. He followed the sound and saw the author of sculptures, but he was shocked as he had imagined him differently.

Because in front of the man, a real, 45 foot tall giant was sitting, sculpting a block of stone with hammer and chisel. Giant was definitely a male, he had two long tusks sticking out of his mandible, had jet black, long hair tied up with a piece of rope. He was wearing clothes which looked like from medieval times. It was hard to tell how old he was, since his tusks were aging him, but he had to be a minor, since he was living in this orphanage.