🤕

- How come you're always so peppy and eager to work, even if it's a steamy day? - brother Alberto asked.

- Lord is the one who's giving me strength, besides I know my work is for greater good - young Franciscan named Azelio replied.

Both monks were harvesting wheat, which grew plentifully this year. It will let them to help the poorest people living in the village laying at the foot of the mountain Rake, on top of which Franciscans' monastery was built.

Just as they ended and were about to load harvest on the cart, another pair of monks walked up to them.

- Brothers, it's our turn to work, go to the chapel for your meditation - one of them said.

- Thank you. Let's go Azelio - Alberto called young Franciscan and they turned their footsteps towards the building.

***

Azelio was so focused on saying the rosary, that he was confused when Alberto asked:

- Did you hear Enrico's screaming?

- No I didn't, but it's possible I was too preoccupied with prayers - monk replied.

- MIO DIO!!! - monk's scream could be heard all around the monastery.

All monks rushed to the granary where brother Enrico was supposed to be stashing bags of grain.

Father Matthew was the first to find unconscious brother inside the building. He was trying to revive monk, oblivious about the reason brother Enrico lost his consciousness to. Only after he heard a frightened "What is that?!!", he raised his head and saw it.

Among the scattered bags of grain an enormous human being was laying, all tensed up. Giant was about 30 foot tall, he had curly dark brown hair, his eyes were hazel. He was only wearing a rag wrapped around his hips, to cover bottom parts and was muzzled. Lot of arrows were stuck in his body, he must have been attacked.

But the most important thing was a king's crest scorched on his left hand. Monks have heard that king brought a giant from Poland to be his pet, but they were sure it was a made-up lie, as they didn't believe such big people could exist. Until now.

Father Matthew quickly recovered from the schock and whispered to the closest monk:

- Go, send the messenger to the king that we have found his "pet".

Franciscan eagerly obeyed and quickly left the granary. Father Matthew lifted up the unconscious monk and said to rest:

- Go back to what you were doing.

- But what are we going to do with him? - someone asked.

- Giant can stay here, he's vulnerable now. But for now we'll be gathering harvest in the old chapel, just in case - Franciscan replied - And it will be better if we stay away from him - he added.

***

Azelio couldn't sleep. He decided he'll do what he always does when he has a free time - go to the garden and pray.

He got out of his bed and having put his habit, left the bedroom and went downstairs to the entrance. After he left building, he followed the path leading to the garden.