Chapter 20- "How perverted can you be!?"

SCARLETT POV

A few minutes are all it takes for the bottled up store of tears to turn into a torrent of sadness. I don't even really know why I am crying so much. All that I can understand at this point is that Nathan is the alpha and omega of my tears. For someone who vowed never to let a guy this close ever, I'm sure a big mess.

It's not as if I didn't trust Nathan with my heart; he'd proved himself to be worthy of it long, long ago. It's just that after the whole fiasco with Jonathan, trusting any guy besides Emmett and Evan a whole hundred percent was an uphill task. I brought myself to trust Nate, although I haven't exactly spilled all my secrets yet. And I didn't want anything to spoil what I had with Nathan. But if I was being honest with myself, the only thing that could spoil what we had was me.

Ever since the whole truth with Nathan and Dad was revealed, I have hardly been able to think of Nathan in the same way. It is not like whatever happened was his fault, but then again, it wasn't mine either. I know the argument is not at all mature, but I don't find being punished for Oliver's death right.

Sure, it wasn't a punishment in the conventional way. But losing your brother, and your parents (technically!), all in the span of a month and a half, cannot have been easy. And although I do not want any sympathy, I do want people to empathize with me and tell me I'm not overreacting.

A cough brings me back to the present and I'm snapped out of my reverie immediately. The girls are looking at me with concern lacing their features and I know there is nothing left to do but to spill it all out. I take a deep breath, compose myself and tell them everything, this time, along with how I felt about the whole incident.

"What you are feeling is, although immature, completely justified. I do not know if lashing out at Nathan would be the right thing to do. But if that's what it takes to get over your apprehensions about being able to date him any longer, then go and have a talk with him." Lauren states.

"But, but, what about the girls' night out? Aren't we supposed to be having fun with each other?" I ask.

"Well, I'm pretty sure not one of us can have fun while you wear this expression of complete and utter sadness on your face. It's not really something best friends do." Allie replies.

"Yeah. She is right. Scar, at this point, nothing we can tell you will make you feel better or comfort you even a bit. What you need at this point is a talk with Nathan. And once that's done, a bear hug, a peck on the cheek and some good-natured flirting." Adrian says, causing my cheeks to turn crimson red.

"Like all the romance books say... Sometimes all you need to put things right once again is that one look from the guy you love." Allie replies, to no one in particular.

"So should I go over to Emmett's or call him here?" I ask.

"Why don't we all go over there? Um, Ricky and I, we, uh, we kind of need to talk." Adrian stammers.

"Do you guys want to talk? Or do you want to shove your tongue down his throat?" I ask.

Adrian blushes and almost incomprehensibly lets out a small whisper, "If I'm being honest to myself, a little bit of both."

We all laugh and make our way downstairs to get out of the house.

************************************

I feel a little bit more relaxed as we cross the street to make our way to Emmett's place. Him and Adrian live only a few blocks away, so going over wasn't a problem. If I'm being true to myself, I'm actually jumping at the sight of hearing the clarion voice that made me believe in love once more.