Chapter 4- "A monster who wears Gucci, Prada & Mango!"

SCARLETT POV

I woke up to a bevy of faces staring down at me worriedly. I could make out that they were girls because of their long hair, but my eye-sight was limited without my spectacles. I fumbled around for my spectacles. A thin wrist thrust them forward, much to my delight. My vision immediately became clear and it became apparent that my savior was Allie. She started rambling on and on while Adrian passed me a water-bottle.

"Scar, we were so scared. What happened?" Evan asked, looking slightly worried.

"Shit happened. I don't mean to swear but that judge.. Wait, the judge! We have to dance, right? Did we miss our cue? Is our hardwork waste?"

"Relax, Relax. Patience Grasshopper! Evan and I spoke with the organizers and they have agreed to put us last!" Allie piped up.

"Oh, Okay. That's good, I guess." I replied.

"Now, would you mind telling us why you had this sudden panic attack on seeing a certain someone in the audience? Or was it the audience themselves?" Emmett asked, concern lacing his face.

"Emmett, I don't think now is the best time to ask her what happened. It's the judge Sarah Hennessey that happened." Adrian intervened.

"No, No. Emmett and Evan deserve to know. I'll tell them. They should know why this matters to me so much and why I will now give my 200% to this performance." A voice said. A few seconds later, I realized it was mine. Oh, well... They do deserve to know. So, I began.

"When I was a middle-schooler, say about 10 years of age, I wasn't like this. I wasn't this nerdy, this introverted, this awkward or this diffident. I was like a more confident and less intelligent, younger version of what I am now. There is a reason for me becoming like this. And that reason is a blonde bimbo called Sarah Hennessey.

You see, when I was younger, Hazel used to take ballet lessons at the town club. I wasn't really into dance but Hazel was my only source of company in the long afternoons. So, one day, I decided to tag along with Hazel for her dance class. I still remember the first day I stepped in. The ballet studio was well-furnished, clean and smelled of strawberries. All the girls had positioned themselves along rods. They began to dance. I was so mesmerized by their graceful movements that I persuaded Mom to let me enroll for ballet too. And so, my tryst with dance began.

I worked hard at my dance. I saw it as an outlet for my pain. The studio was one place I could be myself without any inhibitions. It was my first love, my only love. That was, until Sarah came along. She was the actual owner of the studio. The actual reason for its success. Apparently, she had been on a holiday the week I had joined. I didn't mind much, I came to the studio to dance, not to make friends. But it was a headache for Sarah.

You see, I was an okay dancer back then. Her daughter, Victoria, used to go to the same elementary school as us. Now, one fine day, Victoria picked up a fight with me. Not one to tolerate insults, I hit back. The next thing I knew, Sarah started insulting me in class. She used to teach me really difficult steps, me being me, I couldn't catch one and Lo! She had her incentive to insult me. She drained me of all the confidence I ever had, slowly but surely. She isn't a woman, she is a walking monster, a monster who wears Gucci, Prada and Mango, but a monster nonetheless!

And Victoria made life at school hell for me. She became the Regina George of elementary school. Or to understand better, she was the Amy in my life then. It wasn't a pleasant sight, both mother and daughter duo insulting me, making my life hell. Finally, I caved in. I made the biggest mistake of my life. I pulled out of dance class, stopped going to parties and started studying. In other words, I started following the Nerd Path.

And I followed the Nerd Path till Junior High, when I met you guys. I mean I already knew you guys, but we actually met then. And that is the reason, I am what I am now. You guys gave me confidence, helped me through my difficulties and were there for me. I still am on the Nerd Path, though the fork strays away quite a bit! Anyway, that is the reason I hate her so much and had a panic attack on seeing her.

But I'm fine now, I'm doing great and we are going to kick some Hennessey ass out there, alright?" I finished, my throat aching with thirst, burning for water.

The gang wore a solemn look on their faces after the revelation. Allie and Adrian too, despite of knowing this. And then before we went backstage, all of them shouted:

"WE ARE SURE AS HELL GONNA KICK SOME HENNESSEY ASS!"

And that did the trick for me. I wore a smile on my face and confidence in my strides as we walked towards the stage, ready for our tryst with Sarah. Somehow, surviving those 10 seconds on the stage alone was now even more important than watching season 9 of The Big Bang Theory. And If you knew how I hero-worshipped Jim Parsons, you'd get a little inkling of what this was!

***********************************

I stared at Amy in awe, a mix of confusion and disbelief lining my face. It was impossible. What just happened was impossible. Amy, The Amy, Amy Davidson Of Regina George Fame... She couldn't be apologizing to me now, could she? This was as absurd as mountain lions turning herbivorous. This can not have been happening. Allie's voice snapped me out of my trance.

"Okay, Amy you're forgiven. Friends?" I stated, eager to keep things civil with her.

"Aah! That's something I can't be. You may be a good person, Scarlett, but we will never be friends. And not because I don't get you or you don't get me. That's something we can work out. I'm sorry but I cant commit social suicide by hanging out with a nerd. My sincere apologies.. However, I do assure you that neither me nor my friends will ever harass you again. Never. We shall be civil with you as long as you are." Amy finished.

I gaped in shock. The Old Amy was back. Frankly, I shouldn't have expected anything else. It wasn't like I'd never known how shallow she was. It was just that her frankness about the whole thing just amazed me. In truth, it hurt a bit. But I didn't say anything. I just gave her a sickly sweet smile before walking away.

The gang was already in Hazel's Mercedes. They knew everything but gave away nothing. I was just happy that Amy wouldn't be around to annoy me anymore. With these happy thoughts in my head, I barely realized where we were going. And before I knew it, we were home. Home Sweet Home. And it was now PARTAYYYY TIME!

A/N:

Muahahaaha! Another cliffhanger! I rock, don't I? Okay, Okay, just kidding! Anyway, the part after the asterixes (*) is actually a flash forward and comes after the dance competition is over. Read the next chapter to fiind out how our characters got there. And please dont kill me! I love you guys! <3

So, can I just say how thankful I am for you lovely, lovely people? I just am, I'm so amazed by the reads I've gotten! 85 reads in a matter of a week is a BIG deal for me! You guys are just the best!

This chapter is dedicated to @doodles2000 for her support throughout. She's a wonderful friend who helped me out with my slight case of writer's block.

On a slightly different note, why is Amy being nice? How has she apologized? Does Scarlett make it to the top 7? Read the next chapter to find out this and more!

Vote, Comment, Share and make me happy!