Chapter 24- "Your blush is adorable Princess"

Chapter 24- "Your blush is adorable, Princess"

NATHAN POV

Bright, yellow sunbeams waft into my room, through the window and force me to open my eyes. I stretch a little and then rub my eyes and look around. Everything is just the same but I feel a lot different.

But maybe that's just because I've completed one, wonderful month with Scarlett.

I jump out of bed and head to the washroom to brush my teeth. I take a quick shower next and throw on a pair of black jeans and my favorite Batman hoodie. I grab my phone and dial Scarlett's number as I tie my Chuck Taylors.

The call goes to voicemail. I almost dial again as I remember that she might be getting ready for school. I decide to wish her at school so I can also envelop her into a bone crushing hug. The mere thought of seeing her again after two days cheers me up. I run my hand through my hair, put on my spectacles and rush downstairs for breakfast, eager to get to school as soon as possible.

On my way down, I bump into Lauren, who sends a suggestive look my way before rushing downstairs to grab some breakfast. I sigh. I might as well get used to this, seeing as Lauren and Scar are also pretty close now. What I don't tell my sister, my girlfriend definitely will.

I practically gobble up all of my breakfast before Aunt Ellen catches sight of me.

"What's the hurry, Natey? There's still a quarter of an hour left before you have to leave for school!" she remarks.

Lauren sniggers and I send a dirty look her way to keep her trap shut. She obviously doesn't listen. "Ah, Mom, it's just that Nate here is practically bouncing at the fact that some girl liked him enough to stay with him for a whole month!" Lauren says. My cheeks go red and Aunt Ellen looks at me questioningly.

"Well, first off, it's not just some girl! Her name's Scarlett. And secondly, Cassandra was with me for a full eight months, something, you, Lauren, would do good to remember!" I emphasize on the last word and send a triumphant look Lauren's way.

"I'd like to meet this girl then, Nate." Aunty states.

"Should I get her along after school? She's my best friend too, you know. I'm pretty sure she'd agree to come over, unless, ofcourse, you happen to have plans." Lauren interjects. I scowl. She knows better than anyone what plans I have.

I give her an extremely angry It-is-time-for-you-to-shut-the-hell-up glare which as it is, turns out to be futile as I blush a little at the mention of tonight.

"Well, sweetie, your brother's cherry red face has made it extremely clear that they do happen to have plans tonight. Maybe some other time, Nathan?" she asks. I nod even as Aunt Ellen and Lauren burst out laughing. Lauren smirks at me and I make a mental note to get back at her later.

A good ten minutes later, I'm done with breakfast and Aunt Ellen is finally fed up of teasing and embarrassing me. Lauren and I are walking to school since Hazel and Scar left early today and Uncle Dave is on another business trip.

"So..." Lauren says.

"So what?" I ask.

"So how does it feel to be you today?" she explains.

"Aah.. it feels amazing. Seriously though, I didn't feel even half as happy after completing a month with Cassandra.

"Well, someone sure is whipped then!" Lauren teases.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever! Hey, Lauren listen!" I attempt to deviate from the topic.

"Hmmm" she encourages me to go on.