Chapter 28- "You stole Joey's Huggsy!"

SCARLETT POV

The flight from Chicago to Orlando is two and a half hours long. That is like 150 minutes of flight time. 9000 seconds of sitting still. OHMYGOD, it is torture!

It is crazy to expect any sane person to keep sitting in one position for so long. For me, it's also physically impossible. I don't know why that is exactly, but I can't sit still for so long. I just have to get up and stretch my limbs a bit and just sort of keep moving around. I have no clue how I'm gonna cope with international travel if this is how I am reacting to a domestic trip.

Eh, I guess we should probably just cross that bridge when we come to it.

But for now, I'm just stuffing in books and a couple of other things like my rubix cube into my small, purple, duffel bag. It's sort of a trick to try to distract myself. I know Allie and I have adjacent seats and if I dare to move around more than necessary, she will not hesitate in chopping my non-existent balls off.

No, I'm not even kidding. She hates how fidgety I get and try as I might, I couldn't get any other seat. So now, I'm stuck next to Allie Jones, who has probably already thought of a thousand and one different ways to glare at me in order to keep me calm.

Or so she thinks.

I mean, I don't think even her glares will work this time. I mean sure, they're scary as hell and all, but I've never been to Orlando. And I've heard there's this special Harry Potter themed park at the Disneyland over there. And I'm dying to go there.

So, although, I'm gonna try my best to keep calm and sit in one place, Allie sure is going to have her hands full with this one. Humming merrily, I finish packing all my stuff and throw the bag over my shoulders. Hazel, who's also coming along for the trip, is also almost done packing.

I run down the stairs and grab an apple from the counter before loading all my luggage into a cab we've called. Hazel comes down and after double checking that no electrical appliance except for the refrigerator is switched on, locks the door. She takes the spare key from under the porch as well and stuffs in her pocket. She trots across the street and hands the other one to our neighbor, a sixty something lady called Mrs. Ashman, incase of any emergency.

Finally, she slides in next to me as well and we instruct the driver to stop by the Cullens' house. As I had already texted Lauren to be ready when we left home, she and Nathan are by their front door and they quickly dump in their luggage into the trunk of the car before hopping in.

Nathan shoots me a smile while Lauren is way too excited about the trip herself to tease Nathan and me. Hazel is texting someone, probably Matt and is too engrossed in her phone to even notice us.

Before I know it, we're already at the airport and Hazel is paying the fare, despite Nathan's repeated insistence to split it. Finally he gives in and Hazel shoots him a triumphant smile before wheeling her suitcase to the terminal. Matt walks in from nowhere and throws an arm around his girlfriend. Blushing, Hazel just turns around long enough to tell me to stay safe and not bother her unless necessary. I roll my eyes at her speech but give her a smile all the same.

Nathan laces his hand in mine and we walk into the airport, trying to find Coach Brown. Since we're all freshmen, we're required to report to him before we can board the airplane. Nathan spots him near one of the checkout counters and we run to him, seeing as we are already about 40 minutes late.

Coach is a little short with us, but besides that he doesn't snap or anything and Nathan heads for his flight while Lauren and I make our way to ours. As "open-minded" as our school says it is, they've refrained from putting boys and girls on the same flight. I guess they think we're all animals, so hungry for sex or something that we'll just do it then and there in front of so many people, on an airplane that is filled to its capacity.