Epilogue

Three & a half years later

SCARLETT POV

A/N: The start of this part may seem confusing but that's just because of the huge time leap. Do read on and the End will satisfy all your doubts and concerns.

"Can I have silence please?" Adrian mutters impatiently, tapping the side of her champagne glass with a steel spoon.

The hushed whispering stops and everyone looks to her expectantly. She blushes a little at this sudden attention but composes herself pretty quickly.

"So, um, I've been asked to make a toast to the lovely couple," she grins and gestures towards them, "and although I'm absolutely terrified of making a fool of myself, I honestly couldn't be any more honored than to get a chance to speak today.

When my parents divorced three years ago, I felt like my world had fallen apart. I started to see less of my Dad because he moved away, and even lesser of my Mom because she knew nothing besides work for the next six months.

I felt shattered and alone but what broke me even more was seeing Mom like that. Until she met Grant that is. One fine day, Mom came home all smiles talking about this kind stranger who she had a wonderfully invigorating conversation with at the park opposite her clinic.

She looked so happy and I knew then that the stranger had done more than just listen and talk to her. My suspicions were proven right sometime later when she finally fessed up that she was dating Grant.

She's never been this happy before, as cliché as it sounds and I think we all know Grant is to thank for that. I know as a teen, I'm supposed to hate him or whatever, but he makes her so happy that it's so hard to!

Besides, he's not that bad once you actually get to know him.

So here's a toast to the loveliest couple I know; to my Mom who never lost hope and to Grant who proved that she was right in not doing so." Adrian finishes, a little out of breath, but smiling from ear to ear.

Mrs. Baxter looks at her lovingly and gives her a beaming smile. Grant does the same and Adrian returns the smile even as the rest of us clap at her toast.

"They really do make a cute couple, don't they?" Allie asks while shoveling a forkful of pasta in her mouth.

"Indeed, they do. Both Adrian and her Mom look so happy and I'm so glad!" I add.

Nathan squeezes my free hand under the table and I squeeze his right back. I still like the feel of his hand in mine and somehow, I'd prefer holding his hand to doing any other physical thing with him.

"This ceremony is absolutely lovely. There's not a thing out of place, and the whole thing is really visually appealing too!" Lauren contributes.

"I couldn't agree more; the champagne glasses were arranged in such a beautiful, intricate pattern that it pained me to ask for a glass." Allie says, a frown playing on her face.

We all laugh at her expression and she scowls at us before returning to her food once more.

I glance over at Adrian who's sitting at the main table with Ricky and give her a big thumbs up. She smiles at me before she looks away and starts conversing with one of her cousins.

I feel something slide up my left leg and I let out a soft giggle immediately. Nathan looks at me with an amused expression on his face and I simply gesture towards Allie.

"Um, Al?" I begin.

She gives me a nod and I take that as my cue to go on.

"That's my leg." I say in a deadpan tone and Nathan and Lauren immediately burst out laughing.