Chapter 14- "Hey... How You Doin'?"

SCARLETT POV

"There's no way this happened! Nate is straight out of a romantic book! Seriously! That guy is so cute! I'm glad he's my brother... or girl... We'd have some serious problems here!" Lauren says as I finish telling the girls about my date. We all laugh.

For once, it feels nice to be the person narrating something. I feel really, really good. It's a nice change from being the spectator always. I mean, instead of letting out an AWWW at the cute moments, I'm living the cute moments! Which, if you think about it, is so much more preferable!

It's about 10:30 and I'm on a conference call with the three. Adrian refused to tell me how it went with Ricky unless I told her about my date. Now that I'm done with them fawning over Nate, I'm bursting to hear what happened with her!

"Okay, Okay, hold your horses, Scar! First things first, Ricky Wall is now my boyfriend!" Adrian shouts into the phone. I whoop and cheer but then immediately stop when she says there's more. If there's more, this better be worth it.

"So, you know how you said it was okay if Allie and Lauren asked him out on my behalf? Well, I thought about it and I was like no, I should totally do it myself. I could always text him and lead the conversation to the point where he had to just ask me out, you know? Anywho, we got talking about stuff and then he just asked me if l liked him. Like, liked, liked him. I didn't even do anything and Ricky made the first move.

And then I was like, dude, you gotta catch this guy. He's like a good catch. And then I said, totally flirtily... Well, it all depends on whether you like me or not. And then his reply, girls, his reply was like Ofcourse I like you! Who couldn't like you? And then he flirted with me a little more. But the point is, he asked me out. So, basically all four of us are now dating! How COOL is that?" Adrian finally finishes up. To be honest, I kind of lost the point in the conversation but I got the gist. And the gist is all that matters with Adrian.

"Okay, well THIS is awesome but I gotta sleep. I have to go to school tomorrow, guys." Allie says.

"No shit Sherlock, We never knew! How do you manage to do this?" Lauren screams into the phone. We all laugh, even Allie. Then we hang up because it actually is getting late.

***********************************

"Hey.... How you doin?" Emmett asks me as we make our way out of class.

"Em, not to be rude or anything, but three things: One- You can't say it the way Joey Tribbiani says it. And it only works when he says it. Two- I have a boyfriend now, so this is not going to make me blush. Three- Because you asked; I'm doing just fine." I finish up.

"Aww man, that's not fair! You're the only person who ever blushed when I said this!" Emmett says.

"Have you ever wondered that that might be because I'm such a good friend?" I ask him.

"Well, my whole life has been a lie then!" He fake-pouts. Then he looks at me and we both crack up. Seriously, that eye telepathy thingie that we have with our best friends is just so UH-MAZING!

We take our lunch in plastic trays and make our way to our table. Emmett's taken a beef sandwich and a tetra pack of Frooti while I settle for nachos and cheese. The group is talking about some outing as Emmett and I settle ourselves at our table.

"Hey, Scarlett what do you think about going on a quadruple date?" Evan pipes up.

"Um, it's not such a bad idea. I think it'll be fun." I say.