Prologue

Top 10 things that only affirm my belief in the fact that I'm a lunatic:

10. I hugged my best friend Allie so hard that her bra strap came off and jabbed her in the back. As if that wasn't enough, I did it when everyone was watching. All through September, the both of us couldn't get to any classes without people asking us if her back was alright. Thankfully, a new girl in the school had a slight incident with her wrap skirt in the cafeteria a short while ago, and since then, the focus has shifted to the concerned girl's wrapping abilities, if you know what I mean.

9. I took up Latin. Seriously, this is has got to be one of the stupidest decisions I have ever made in my life. I thought that with taking up Latin, I'd be able to speak with a slight accent, the appeal of which might be able to take attention off of my constant stuttering and social ineptitude.

I've been doing Latin for about two and a half months now and turns out, there's going to be no spoken Latin till Junior year.

And with that nugget of knowledge that I felt Mrs. Samuels should have made public long ago, I have officially kissed any chances of having a boyfriend before Junior year goodbye.

8. I thought high school was going to be fun. Okay, maybe not fun because Hazel, my elder sister, already goes to high school and the way she describes it isn't exactly my idea of fun; but hey, I never thought it was as bad as how it's shown in the movies!

Spoiler alert: It totally is.

7. I didn't go shopping with Hazel when she offered to take me before freshman year started. As a result, I had to make do with my clothes from last year until September ended, when she finally agreed to take me shopping with her.

Let me tell you; nerd glasses coupled with loose slacks and a frayed hoodie isn't exactly the outfit that will keep you from getting sneered at.

6. I refused to learn how to cook a proper meal despite Hazel repeatedly insisting on teaching me. With Mom & Dad always out of town on work and Hazel off "studying with Matt" every alternate afternoon, living on takeout is getting harder and harder.

This weekend, I'm dead set on learning everything I need to make Mac & Cheese from YouTube.

5. I didn't let anyone (Not Hazel, Allie, Adrian or Dad. Certainly not Mom!) give me the sex talk. As a result, when we first started human reproduction this semester and Coach Brown began the session with excessively graphic images of human genitalia, I am not very surprised to inform you that I gagged quite audibly and at one moment, even puked a little.

Needless to say, not knowing stuff everyone in class probably knew since middle school didn't exactly help my case when I went around class, looking for a partner on the homework project.

4. I told Allie and my other best friend Adrian I found this guy in my Calculus class called Noah cute. Before I could even process what was happening, the two of them had already fangirled about me becoming a girl, gone on to tell me how I should ask him out, almost planned our wedding and had started to argue about who got to plan everything for the big day.

Update: Neither of them has given up yet. The fight has died down, but I suppose the question will come up again if I ever so much as mention a guy once more.

3. I accepted a dare from Evan, Allie's boyfriend, to prank Emmett, my closest guy friend, in the first week of school. It started off a competition of sorts between us and what followed was a series of amateur pranks, though each one better than the rest as Emmett and I continued to avenge anything that embarassed us.

Emmett got three detentions and I lost extra credit in two of my AP classes before we decided to call a truce.

2. I wore my favorite cardigan to school despite knowing it had a hole in it because I couldn't be bothered to search for another one. The hole, which was near my rib cage was quite small and rather inconspicuous, or so I thought.

The moment I walked into school, Allie and Adrian pounced on me and gave me a long lecture about how I'd done something very wrong by showing up to school in the cardigan, which, for my information not only had a hole but also looked horrendous with my outfit.

Being the fashion police that those two idiots think of themselves as, they threw my cardigan away and I sat through the whole school day cold and cardigan-less.

As a result, I sat through a week of forced one hour slots with the both of them where they taught me what could be worn with what, and all because I was too lazy to find myself a new cardigan.

I also missed the due date for my World War II project for History class but I bet I could tell you what fashion trend is all in the rage as of now.

But the number one reason that I'm a complete lunatic is:

I thought I could dance. I won't elaborate because I'm that kid in every school who can't even walk straight.

So, I guess now you know what I mean and how big of an act of idiocy it was; thinking I, of all people, could dance.

A/N-

So... My first story..! Squeee!! Updates shall be weekly at the least. Please do not fret if they aren't since I am a freshman with a great deal of school work!

Vote, Comment, Fan & Share!