Chapter 29- "Did you know hippo milk is pink?"

SCARLETT POV

"I so wish that stupid blizzard could've waited until after our trip was over!" I whine as Nathan and I are waiting in line for a Pirates Of The Caribbean ride. The day that we landed in Orlando, a huge, intense snow storm took over the city.

Due to the severity of the storm, the city was almost completely shut down for a week. After the storm subsided a bit, the authorities had to forcefully shut down the city for three days to clean up after the storm and make it safe for people to be on the city's streets again.

As a result, we had only a day of our trip left before we had to fly back to Chicago. Since we were scheduled to go to Harry Potter world the day before yesterday, we had to miss it.

I'm just glad we made it to Disneyland.

"Hush, princess, we've made it to Disneyland, let us enjoy it while we can!" Nathan cajoles me. I nod at him and he gives my hand a gentle squeeze as we get onto the ride.

It's a pity that we couldn't enjoy the rest of Orlando while we were here but we have to be home in time for Christmas so the trip can't be extended.

It's a friggin' shame but atleast I have Liberty Square, Fantasyland, Main Street, Tomorrowland and other important things in life. Not that it helps; but yeah, it makes me feel loads better about missing my chance to go to Harry Potter World.

I mean I'd had all of this cool stuff planned for when I finally went on to all those rides and shops in Harry Potter World. And I would've brought all those cute, miniature figurines of the main characters as souvenirs. Then I'd have purchased a Gryffindor scarf and a pair of shiny, yellow Hufflepuff robes and a time-turner and....

Okay, I could just go on forever about all the things I could've done, but now that I'm in Disneyland, I think I'm just gunna focus on the NOW.

And now that I look around, there are people dressed up as Goofy, Mickey Mouse, Cinderella and Snow White and what not... And it is just plain magical to see all of it firsthand.

This is Disneyland, and as kiddish as I know it sounds, it's where dreams come true.

Well, at least for Disney-crazed, oestrogen pumped, restless teen girls like me.

I know I'm not very mature normally anyway, but it's like being in Disneyland has brought out a whole new side in me.

I squeal when I see anyone dressed up as a character and jump with joy every time we are on a ride. It's literally like I'm three all over again!

As we disembark from the ride, my eyes fall on Cinderella (SHE'S JUST ABOUT MY FAVORITE PRINCESS!!!) and I tug at Nathan's sleeve to pull him her way. He groans a little but complies when he sees my expectant face. I greet Cinderella excitedly and thrust my iPhone in Nathan's hand, signalling him to take a snap of Cinderella and me.

A few minutes later, I have had Nathan snap me with almost all the Disney princesses and I'm walking around the park with a demented smile plastered on my face.

"Hey beautiful, how you doin?" Nathan asks me, panting a little. We've been inside for only about forty minutes and the unfit doofus is already struggling to keep up with me.

"No, Nathan. We've got no time for flirting. So either you hurry your ass up or I'm just gunna explore it all on my own!" I reply succinctly.

Nathan chuckles, "Alright, Princess, I'll hurry up and all but you have seriously got to calm down a little. You're even more excited than the time Adrian got you a chance to purchase seven books at about a fifth of their prices!" He teases me playfully.