Chapter 33-"That was a very very brave thing you just did."

Chapter 33-"That was a very, very brave thing you just did."

SCARLETT POV

"Scarlett, I need you and Nathan to go make a grocery run right now! We are running short of those glasses that you like so much, tissues and paper plates." Hazel commands when she spots me standing in a corner talking to my boyfriend.

"I'm having such a good time, though! And it's my first party too! Can't you send someone else?" I whine, not in the mood for a grocery run at all.

"Well, who's the host, sister dearest?" Hazel asks me in a condescending tone.

"Exactly. We're both hosting it, so I get why the others can't be asked to go get it, but why can't you?" I ask her, a triumphant expression on my face.

"I'm currently on duty. I'm checking all the rooms in the house periodically to make sure they don't become places where couples can do the deed and I've caught about half a dozen of them in the act already. If you fancy switching tasks, I will most definitely make the grocery run." She says with a poker face, her upper lip twitching humorously.

"But I don't want to go out! You've made the backyard so nice and toasty! If I go out, I'm going to have to wear all of my winter stuff!" I grumble.

Hazel, clearly tired of all my cribbing, gives me a glare before speaking, "Scarlett, you have two choices: Catching two naked people in the act or going to the house and putting on all of your stuff. What will it be?"

"Alright, fine, I'll go. Hand over the money." I agree as Hazel smirks at me before shoving a few fifty dollar bills into my hand. She thanks me and disappears inside the house once more.

"Scar, I'll go inside and grab our coats and hats. Meet me at the front door?" Nathan offers, once Hazel is gone. I smile at him and he disappears inside the house while I make my way to the porch, waiting for him to come out.

He reappears about five minutes later, wearing his coat and hat. He hands me mine and I put them on without further ado. The winter chill has already started to get to me and I don't want to start off the New Year with a bout of pneumonia. I also slip on a pair of gloves because my palms start to shake if I'm too cold.

"Nathan, I really don't want to go! Can't we both just pretend to have checked out all the stores and tell her none of them were open?" I ask him, putting on my best puppy dog face.

"No can do, princess. As a host, it's your job to make this party the best it can be. C'mon, I'll tell you a story to pass some time. That sound good?" He confirms.

"Alright, you've got yourself a deal!" I say enthusiastically and clap my hands. I'm a sucker for stories if that wasn't clear, by the way. Nathan chuckles at my reaction and clasps my hand in his. It's sort of weird since I'm wearing gloves but I love holding hands with him way too much to pull away.

"Okay, so you concentrate on my story and I'll look around for a supermarket, don't worry. I need you to listen to me intently, I'll tell you why later. Can you do that?" He asks me softly. I nod my head and he begins.

"So this is sort of a story that I think is exactly your type. There was a boy and there was a girl. The boy had been crushing on the girl for a very long time. He, however, had never been able to muster up enough courage to go talk to her. She was popular; he wasn't. As luck would have it, they were once paired up for a project.

The boy, shy as he was, saw the opportunity and took it. He gathered up every ounce of confidence he had and asked her out. The girl, much to his surprise, agreed immediately. She said she'd started liking him for his sense of humor and easy-going nature over the course of the three weeks they'd spent over the project.