Chapter 21- "Believe me,you look perfectly gorgeous!"

Chapter 21- "Believe me, you look perfectly gorgeous!"

SCARLETT POV

An hour and a half later, we are all tired from the incessant dancing. Grooving along to Taylor Swift's latest singles is only fun until you're filled with energy and zest. Apparently, getting too involved in "Shake It Off" can also result in a very nasty stitch in your side; something Lauren realized rather unfortunately a couple of minutes ago.

Since this sleepover was a sort of last minute decision, Adrian's mom didn't have time to cook dinner for all of us. As a result, we are all gobbling on Chinese takeout and watching 500 Days of Summer in Adrian's bedroom. Tom is such a cute guy that I still have trouble accepting that Summer left him. Well, maybe that's for his own good. I suppose Autumn would definitely be a better girlfriend.

I love romantic comedies. They're fun to watch. They're easy on your mind and they all give me some sort of idea on real love. Seeing as I am not completely in love with Nathan yet, they are a good insight on what being in love with him would feel like. Before I had found Nathan, they gave me hope. Now that I have found him, they give me ideas for flirting and making him smile.

Granted, most of the flirting never does take place in the real world owing to my shyness but I suppose Nathan will understand that, after all, it's the thought that counts.

"Should ve flay fumfing gow?" Adrian asks, her mouth half full with greasy noodles.

Slapping her on the back of her head, Allie warns her against speaking with her mouth full again in a chiding, mother-like manner. Shooting her a playful death glare, Adrian swallows her mouthful and then asks again, "Should we play something now?"

I shrug. I am game for anything seeing as how the Nathan rush from earlier in the day has made all thoughts of a sound sleep away. No one else has an objection but the invitation now poses a big question: What can we play?

We are too old for games like dressing each other up. Plus, we already do that when anyone of us is going on a date. None of us really wants to play monopoly and I don't like playing cards. Both 20 questions and Truth and Dare have gotten boring. We've played them every sleepover we had since I started dating Nathan.

It seems like the others have also ruled out any conventional games that might have occurred to them. Looks like we'll just spend the night talking and gossiping then. I know that I probably don't come across as a very chatty person but if given a choice, I'd probably choose chatting and talking to people over most things. Even reading, I guess.

I look around. Allie's lying on the bed on her stomach and Adrian is busy tying a fishtail braid in Allie's mop of brown hair. Lauren is stretched across the bed and she's staring at the ceiling. I, meanwhile, have the entire beanbag to myself.

Suddenly, Adrian jumps up with a start.

"Hey guys! I have an idea!!" she chatters away.

Probably bored by this point, Lauren replies rather snarkily, "Well, I guess we had THAT covered when you jumped up so excitedly!"

"Sorry!" says Adrian, looking sheepish but sounding quite unabashed.

"What is it, anyway?" I ask, rather curious.

"Well, I was just thinking that the four of us have had a lot of sleepovers so far but we haven't really come up with a tradition, the kind they show in chick flicks. So, um, I kind of had an idea about it. How about, every time that the four of us meet, one decides the plan for the day and the other three have to just go along with it, no matter what?!" She finishes, quite out of breath but presumably proud of herself for coming up with such an awesome idea.