II

EDITED: 02/06/2024

Kim Rok Soo woke up in the dead of night. He is both uncomfortable and hungry. He whimpered a little when he felt the childish palm patting his chest gently.

"Just in time," the boy said, rising from his bed and taking the milk from the side table. He was cradled in his arms again and gently rocked while being fed. He kept staring at the boy with dark hair and dark eyes. When he grows up, he will undoubtedly be a lady killer due to his black beauty.

"What are you looking at? Is Hyung-nim handsome?"

Kim Rok Soo, who is unaffected by human emotions, smiled. Who would not? He has a cute smile, so he can not help but smile in return.

The boy appeared taken aback at first but then smiled again.

"My baby brother has a very lovely smile."

After he finished his meal, the boy made him lean on his shoulder and burp. Kim Rok Soo rested his chin against his shoulder. After that, he was placed back in the center of the bed, and the boy sat beside him, palm over the chest.

Well, he couldn't sleep.

His baby instinct kicked in, and he started playing with the boys' fingers. He was simply grasping his fingers with his mittens or tapping the back of his hand. The children's giggles echoed.

The boy's hand continued to move, held in place by his tiny fingers.

"I hope you grow up safely..."

Kim Rok Soo intended to; he wants to live, and that's all that matters.

Of course, the days pass with Kim Rok Soo sleeping, eating, and staring at the ceiling. His older brother would come whenever he was free or take him out for sunlight every morning.

He enjoys his idyllic existence.

Until one afternoon, that is.

Maybe I can turn a little more now that my back is itching.

He can now lift his head, so it's not impossible.

He was struggling to kick the mattress to his side.

What the hell happened? This is so tiring!

He had no idea he would be tried simply for turning to the side.

The bliss of his back touching the cool air, on the other hand, made it all worthwhile. He remained dazed until the door opened.

"I am back, baby brother."

Alver entered the room first, followed by another boy with golden hair. The boy rushed to his side of the bed and exclaimed, "Baby Brother!"

Kim Rok Soo wiggled a little before collapsing to his front. Alver grabbed him and gently placed him on his front, moving his arm to the open space. When he turned around, his older brother greeted him with a smile.

"Good! Baby Brother completed his first flip!"

Kim Rok Soo laughed along with the proud laughter and praise of the time.

The stoic baby just burst out laughing, while his older brother made some stupid faces. When he whimpered lightly, Alver slowly turned him to his side and laid him down on his back. It was incredibly exhausting.

"Hyung-nim, is this the lady's child?"

"Yes..."

"Hello... I am your second brother... it is nice to see you after such a long time," said the other boy.

"You've been quite busy..."

"Has Father visited him yet?"

"No..." Alver expressed concern.